Walbridge offers a Summer Construction Internship program designed to provide meaningful hands-on work experience and exposure to industry leaders across the organization.
Our goal is to provide professional experience for talented construction and engineering students as a path for a full-time career with Walbridge upon graduation.
Our internships are competitive, paid positions throughout the typical summer months. Part-time work opportunities may also be available throughout the school year for those who qualify.
What we offer you:
- A safe, inclusive environment where team members are valued for their contributions
- Cutting-edge technologies, and industry-leading processes
- A learning culture committed to innovation and improvement
- Career planning, coaching, development & growth
- Access to hundreds of construction and professional development training programs
- Opportunities in Field Operations, Engineering, Estimating, Safety, BIM and Project Controls
Why choose Walbridge:
- At Walbridge, diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. Embracing diversity inherent in all of us and valuing different experiences, perspectives and ideas fuels trust, belonging and innovation. This enables us to be our best, better serve our customers and positively impact the community.
- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small enough for you to make an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for over 100 years
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity
- Vault - Top internship program 2021
- 2021 US Best Managed Company.
- DEI MISSION: We champion diversity, equity and inclusion with commitment to lead by example, having courage to learn and grow and by consistently integrating these behaviors into all we do.
- Outstanding MBE Tier II Improvement Performance, Toyota Motor North America, Inc.
- General Motors - "Platinum Award" Top Diversity Performer
- Thomas J. Reynolds Award for Excellence in Construction Safety & Health, TAUC
Wellness & Workplace
- The Nation's Best & Brightest in Wellness® Company
- Best & Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation
- Assist in the coordination of on-site construction and engineering activities for construction projects.
- Interpret design/drawings, specifications, submittals, and other construction documents.
- Assist Superintendents, Project Managers, Engineers, and Coordinators with project-related technical and logistical functions. Includes subcontractor and supplier planning/administration, work assignments, etc.
- Interface with on-site departments as required to resolve problems, ensure quality of construction, etc. in support of overall project schedule.
- Enrolled in a construction-related degree program (Engineering - EE, ME, CE, Engineering Technology, Construction Management, or related degree program) at an accredited college/university; prior construction experience or military service a plus.
- Knowledge of technology, computers and software, including standard MS Office applications
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Walbridge is an equal opportunity employer with a culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, status as an individual with a disability, military, or protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning career development, recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment.
Location: Orlando, Florida, US
Posted Date: 10/8/2021