ABOUT LINKS CONSTRUCTION
Links Construction is a leading commercial construction firm that operates as a general contractor or design-builder and provides pre-construction and estimating services. We specialize in taking a project from vision to reality while streamlining complex processes in a way that exceeds expectations of quality and customer service. We have completed hundreds of projects of varying size and scope across Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. Active in the industrial, multi-family, office, retail, and specialty market-segments, we understand what it takes to build quality projects. Most importantly, we are committed to building lasting relationships with our clients and trade partners.
At Links, our culture both defines and differentiates us. We're a tight-knit group of construction professionals who value loyalty to the team, a desire to accomplish great things, humility and authenticity, hard work, professionalism, and innovation. We pride ourselves on offering our employees the opportunity to grow through meaningful work and professional development.
Links Construction in Denton, TX is seeking to hire a Senior Estimator to join our commercial construction team. As a senior estimator, you will be responsible for creating cost estimates and client proposals for $5M-$60M commercial construction projects. To ensure successful project pursuit and delivery, you will help manage risk through effective planning, scoping, trade partner sourcing and qualification, and thorough bid analysis.
To be successful as a Senior Estimator, you must have excellent communication skills and great attention to detail. Outstanding Senior Estimators are able to negotiate with a range of professionals, make accurate time and cost estimates, and resolve any issues that arise.
Our Senior Estimators earn a competitive compensation commensurate with experience and performance. We also offer generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, voluntary life, Aflac, company-paid basic life with AD&D, and a 401(k)-retirement plan with up to 4% company match. If this sounds like the right Senior Estimator opportunity for you, apply today!
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, 40 hours or more per week. Hours of Operation are Monday - Friday, 8:00
a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position requires travel to job sites and some potential overnight stays. Reliable transportation is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.. Requirements:
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Building Science, Civil or Architectural Engineering, or similar relevant industry experience, or military service.
- Previous work experience of 4-10 years as a construction estimator, or related experience.
- Exceptional time management, multitasking, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to closely collaborate with other project teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent research, proposal writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of best industry practices and standards.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrable competency with software such as On Screen Take Off, Blue Beam, etc.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proficient in all MS Office software.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience in a variety of commercial building types, including PEMB, tilt wall, metal framing, structural steel, and wood framing.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Satisfactory results from a drug screen, MVR, and background check.
- Must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation.
Location: DENTON, Texas, US
Posted Date: 10/6/2021