Rust-Oleum Corporation is a worldwide leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry. We offer a wide product range including decorative fashion paints, durable industrial roof repair coatings and, of course, the famous rust-fighting formula that started it all.
The primary result expected from the Electrician will be to plan, coordinate, and test the installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for industrial or laboratory use by installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, ensuring that the work is in accordance with relevant codes, and installing or servicing lighting, communication/ computer systems, or electrical control systems .
Rust-Oleum is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.
Typical tasks for this position include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Communicate with Supervisors, peers, or subordinates: provide information to supervisors and co-workers in written form or in person.
- Maintain a good record of attendance and punctuality.
- Learn all manual tasks performed within the department.
- Perform tasks assigned using specific operating procedures, and following department specific quality control processes and procedures.
- Treat people with dignity and respect.
- Conduct all business with integrity.
- Adhere to Rust-Oleum Corporation Quality principles and participate in all departmental and company-wide Quality activities.
- Follow all safety procedures and company policies .
- 5+ years of electrician/maintenance experience in manufacturing environment; preferably in chemical/paint manufacturing
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have expertise in packaging equipment, plumbing, and pipefitting, with skills in electrical work and instrument calibration considered a definite plus
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex packaging and material-handling equipment is required
- Ability to do basic math.
- Accurately enter and retrieve computer data.
- Ability to operate machinery
- Ability to solve problems in a team environment.
- Active participation in our Continuous Improvement Process.
- Ability to consistently lift 50 pounds.
- Willing to work overtime as required.
Job Identification: 758
Job Category: Manufacturing
Posting Date: 2021-09-14
Degree Level: Some College
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Shift: Day
Posting Date: 2021-09-14
Location: Hagerstown, Maryland, US
Posted Date: 9/30/2021