Associate Teacher – Head Start /Migrant/State Preschool - Substitute
Under the supervision of the Coordinator and the teacher, performs duties necessary to assist in the planning and implementation of a Head Start Pre School program that addresses the individual needs of children and performs other related work as required.
1. Assists with the planning and implementation of developmentally appropriate learning experiences for pre school children.
2. Helps children develop positive interpersonal relationships with peers and adults.
3. Assists with child observation of development and recording progress.
4. Supervises and interacts with children during indoor/outdoor free flow.
5. Helps shape positive student behaviors via appropriate strategies and techniques.
6. Assists with the preparation of instructional materials for use by small students.
7. Maintains records and files, including confidential student records and information.
8. Operates equipment and machines necessary to operate the program.
9. Performs position related clerical tasks.
10. Functions as an appropriate, positive, role model.
11. Attends appropriate staff meetings and in-service training.
12. May assist with communication problems that result from a limited knowledge of the English.
13. Administers routine first aid and requests assistance for non-routine injury or illness.
14. Assists in maintaining an orderly, attractive, and positive learning environment.
15. May participate in parent conferences and other student progress report activities.
16. Perform other related work as required.
Basic concepts of child growth and developmental behavior;
Student behavior management strategies and techniques;
Appropriate English usage, punctuation, spelling, and grammar;
Routine record management, storage, and retrieval systems and procedures.
Demonstrates an understanding, receptive attitude toward students of varied ages;
Communicates effectively in oral and written form in English as required;
Performs routine clerical tasks and operates office related machines and equipment;
Utilizes appropriate instructional material to enhance a positive educational environment;
Understands and carries out oral and written directions;
Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with children and adults.
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position classification must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
1. Persons performing service in this position will exert 20 to 40 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
2. This type of work involves sitting much of the time, but may involve running, walking or standing for brief periods.
3. Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far visual acuity, depth perception providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and skill is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and skill would be:
One year of paid or volunteer experience working with multi-age groups of children.
Demonstrate the equivalent of twelfth grade completion, and coursework in child development (minimum of 6 units - preferably 12).
Requirements / Qualifications
TB Screening is required upon Job Offer
Fingerprint Clearance is required upon Job Offer
Associate Teacher Permit Required
Copy of Transcript
Letter of Introduction
Letter(s) of Recommendation
Location: Waterford, CA, US
Posted Date: 9/15/2021
WATERFORD UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT