Location: Lancaster, PA
Date Posted: 08/31/21
Liberty Excavators Inc.is in need ofGeneral Construction Laborers!!Come be a part of the Liberty team today! Liberty Excavators is one of the Mid Atlantic's most respected and reliable site contractors that provide several different services to our customers. Apply Now!
General Construction Laborer
Why Liberty Excavators vs. the rest?
- Premium wages/earning potential - Top pay among others in the Construction Industry
- Increased earnings potential through generous OT opportunities
- Excellent Per Diem package offered for travel
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance for employee and family
- Industry leading Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit with rollover option
- Top 401k program with highest employer match
- No cost life insurance benefit granted to employee
- Added hourly compensation for Scraper and Grader Operators
Other Excellent Factors
- Award winning safety environment to ensure employee protection
- Local Work (90% of Liberty's work is within a 2-hour radius of Camp Hill, PA)
- Active Military/Veteran friendly workplace - We appreciate and thank all who serve
- Plenty of career advancement opportunities
- Employee development programs - tiered levels to keep advancing upwards
- Stable company with over 40 years of success in the area
- Top quality equipment and technology
- Being a part of building parks, housing, commercial centers, hospitals, retail centers, and sports complexes.
- Employee Appreciation Committee - recognizing the value and contributions of Liberty Excavators' employees to the company mission of success.
Previous construction or related laborer experience is preferred. Perform tasks involving physical labor at heavy construction projects, to include site excavation and utility installation, and demolition sites. May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set supports for excavations, install various types of pipe for utilities, clean up rubble and debris. May assist other craft workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual laborer in a site excavation and utility installation work environment.
- Fine grade fill to grades given by foreman.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Operate jackhammers and drills to break up concrete or pavement.
- Use shovels and other hand tools to dig trenches, locate utilities and grade materials as required.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
- Tend pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment.
- Lubricate, clean, and repair machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools/equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Build and position forms for pouring concrete, and dismantle forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
- Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
- Erect and disassemble shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
- Install sewer, water, and storm drain pipes, using pipe-laying machinery and laser guidance equipment.
- Load, unload, and identify materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
Do you have a friend looking for work? Send them to Liberty Excavators Inc! Visit http://www.libertyinc.net/careers/ to see our other job openings!! Don't wait- apply today!! Call and speak with us today at 717-761-8461 for more info! Like us on Facebook!
Liberty Excavators is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Job Type: Full-time
Liberty is looking not only for team players, but also for problem solvers who want to take the initiative. We want our employees to take pride in what they do and have ownership of their work.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must pass Drug Screen
- Local Candidates only!!
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of this company to assure that all applicants considered for employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color or national origin, such consideration shall include: employment upgrading, demotion or transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US
Posted Date: 9/11/2021
Liberty Excavators, Inc.