As a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team, and under the supervision of a psychiatrist (if required), the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will provide advanced clinical psychiatric nursing care, including:
- Performing psychiatric evaluations and ongoing medication management of clients
- Prescribing or recommending medication or other forms of treatment or related therapeutic procedures
- Ordering, interpreting, and evaluating diagnostic tests to identify and assess clients' clinical problems and health care needs
- Ordering laboratory tests and other diagnostic procedures
- Referring clients to specialized health resources for treatment
- Performing crisis intervention
- Communicating with healthcare professionals, families, and staff members to ensure ongoing quality delivery of health services
- Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited nurse practitioner program is required
- Must be currently licensed in New York State as a psychiatric nurse practitioner
- Must be currently certified with the DEA to prescribe medication.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines, including clinical and clerical staff
- Excellent assessment, diagnostic and psychopharmacological treatment skills
- Strong clinical skills working with individuals with mental illness
- Dedication to team-based care
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team, to assist children and adults of diverse backgrounds, ages, ethnicities, and sexual preferences.
- Must be registered as a NY State Medicaid provider. Must have a DEA# and an individual NPI #.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus!
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits are available for full-time positions including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Salary Increases, Bonuses, 403b Retirement Plan and more. In addition, our licensed professionals have free access to our online Continuing Education Courses. Perkins and other loan forgiveness may also be available, in addition to our Student Loan Pay Down incentive.
New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center is a fast-paced, energetic, dynamic environment that employs people with a passion for our mission. We offer a very competitive salary and flexible hours.
NYPCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experience required: Not Applicable
Click Here to Apply
New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center