Technician will be responsible for the performance of various construction tasks in the areas of tower erection, coaxial cable and antenna installation, antenna mount installation, RF testing and troubleshooting. This position is for candidates with experience in cellular construction.
- Perform tower construction activities including assembling/erecting towers, installing antennas, mounting hardware, installing coax and connectors, grounding, testing, positioning, and optimizing antennas and lines.
- Read Plans, Site Plan and Tower Drawings
- Installation and maintenance of microwave equipment.
- Assist with testing of new and existing equipment. May include sweep, PIM, or fiber testing.
- Installation of ice bridges, cable trays, equipment pads, racks, and platforms.
- Installation of underground and in building conduits for electrical and back haul circuits.
- Learn and incorporate climbing and work safety requirements.
- Work as a team to function as part of a 3-4 man crew to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Able to climb to and work at heights exceeding 300’
- Able to lift 50 to 100 lbs
- Basic mechanical abilities with hand tools and simple power tools.
- Ability to work reliably under minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions; including but not limited to snow, rain and varying temperatures.
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out written and verbal instructions.
- Observe all company procedures and safety rules.
- Complete work in a timely and efficient manner by planning, prioritizing, and mobilizing staff, materials to meet schedule.
- Ensure Foreman is apprised of construction progress, concerns, and deviations from plans or established schedule.
- Work with Construction Supervisor and Foreman to analyze job requirements such as labor and materials.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, use hands to finger/handle/feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk or hear. Occasionally the work requires the employee to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee needs to have good vision for close work, distance, color dis
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 1 year experience, preferably 2+ years of experience in cellular construction
- First Aid & CPR
- EME/RF Training
- OSHA 10 Certified
- RF Awareness Certified
- Aerial Lift Certified
- Competent Rigger Certified
- Competent Tower Climber and Rescuer Certified
- Hazcom Certification
- Fiber Test Certification
- NWSA TTT1 certification not required but is a bonus
- Ability to operate Commercial Vehicle a plus
- CDL License not required but a plus ++
CED Systems is an equal opportunity employer. CED Systems prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
Experience required: Associate
Click Here to Apply