Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor and Delivery job in San Diego, California.
- Civilian position at Naval Medical Center San Diego in Balboa Park
- 12 -hour shifts and will be assigned shifts
Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor and Delivery Job Overview:
- Perform a full range of RN duties, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring; appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments; execution of physicians orders; documentation of patient care and observations; and patient education and emotional support.
- Perform monitoring of triage patients, including continuous fetal monitoring, spontaneous rupture of membrane check, labor check, prolonged monitoring, rule out pre-term labor, decreased fetal movement, and Pregnancy Induced Hypertension.
- Perform monitoring of patients, including continuous fetal monitoring, vital signs and assessment q15-60min and labor checks/cervical exams.
- Provide management of Pregnancy Induced Hypertension patients.
- Provide intravenous management (fluids, Pitocin, Magnesium Sulfate, antibiotics and insulin).
- Provide pain management
- Assist the provider with inductions (cervical ripening, artificial rupture of membranes, Pitocin).
- Perform vaginal delivery procedures (pushing, delivery, recovery).
- Assist the provider with operative vaginal delivery procedures (vacuum, forceps).
- Support C-section deliveries as circulating nurse in the OR.
- Provide post anesthesia care for patients who have received epidural, spinal or general anesthesia.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor and Delivery Job Qualifications:
- 3 years of experience in the past four years in a Labor and Delivery Unit
- Associates Degree of Nursing (ADN)
- Graduate from an ACEN or CCNE
- Intermediate Fetal Heart Monitoring training
- RN licensure: unrestricted. Any U.S. state
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experience required: Not Applicable
Click Here to Apply
Compass Government Solutions, LLC