As the Senior Technical Manager, you will develop solutions, protocols, and test plans for our clients based on product specifications and technology features.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Networking with retailer and brand decision-makers to maintain or gain SGS brand recognition
- Support customers, testing labs, and sales team to develop solutions driven by technical expertise in the areas of Electronics / IoT / Technology/ Private label/retailer ranging from R&D to product end of the life cycle
- Participate in trade and industry associations to keep up to date on market requirements and customers trends
- Provide technical and sales support to Local & International SGS Affiliates;
- Work directly with domestic and global SGS laboratories to align testing approach and standards interpretation
- Represent SGS at external technical committee and industry meetings, speak publicly at trade shows on technical topics and publish a quarterly technical newsletter
- Support customers with protocol development and test plans and ensure proper implementation at the lab level
- Function as a technical resource to engineering staff and customers
- Support local certification staff by reviewing and approving projects and supporting documentation
- Assist with training of new and existing staff
- Meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to achieve consistent turnaround time and minimal errors
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Engineering
- 7-10+ years of experience in a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a multinational organization within a specific category or line of business
- Knowledge of technology products / IoT devices with performance evaluation is an asset
- Knowledgeable on testing / quality assurance requirement (safety/ EMC/ FCC/ Chem…) / production control/ R&D/ Reliability/ Performance
- International / overseas exposure on business activity
- Strong network with retailer & brands QA
- Able to travel outside the US
- Existing STP member is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good team spirit and adaptability.
- Ability to communicate effectively with SGS personnel and clients outside the US
- High level of accuracy and good presentation skills.
- Able to work effectively as a team leader.
- Ability to supervise/mentor staff.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-pacede and dynamic environment, able to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time and prioritize them accordingly.
- A thorough knowledge of US and Canada Electrical safety standards
- Ability to interpret specifications to satisfy customer requirements.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
Experience required: Mid-Senior Level
Click Here to Apply