Requisition ID: 93676
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As the Senior Manager, Credit, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective maintenance of a designated portfolio of loans at an acceptable level of risk, by exercising sound credit judgment in approving and recommending applications, monitoring credit quality, conditions, and collection activity, thereby ensuring loan losses are minimized. You will adjudicate on credits for SPP (Scotia Professional Plan) , Growth & Core Segment Credits for Commercial Banking within the framework of the Commercial Credit Administration Handbook, Bank Policy, and Credit Policy.
What you'll do in this role?
- Ensure credit applications are adjudicated promptly, within the Bank’s risk selection parameters.
- Ensure sound and timely credit decisions conforming to Bank policies and procedures by: exercising sound credit judgment in approving and declining credit applications within established limits; presenting sound and effective recommendations on credit requests above established limits, ensuring credit applications are properly, accurately and completely investigated, analyzed and documented in relation to Bank policies and procedures; maintaining a current awareness of the Bank’s loan policies, economic and business trends.
- Oversee an assigned portfolio, monitors unsatisfactory trends in risk ratings, credit conditions, overdue reporting, annual reviews etc., and initiates corrective action.
- Contribute to the development of the Bank’s commercial human resources by identifying training/coaching needs.
- Provide coaching, direction and guidance to Banking and Business Service Centre staff concerning credit applications when required.
- Restructure credit requests as necessary to make bankable deals in line with Bank policy and guidelines. Negotiates with Client Relationship Managers and Team leads to ensure credit terms and conditions are appropriate to ensure sound risk selection and that client needs are met.
- Liaise with business partners in Commercial, Professional, and Private Banking (as required) to maintain open communication to ensure Scotia service levels are provided to internal customers.
What we're looking for?
- Post Secondary Education completed
- Strong experience in complex financial analysis is required
- Good understanding of Bank lending policies and procedures, financial analysis, risk assessment techniques, credit structuring, collateral and security documentation and registration, collection, related legislation and accounting practices
- Proven credit judgment
- Proven ability in administering a Commercial credit portfolio
- Strong negotiation and problem resolution skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, in order to produce informative, concise and professional credit replies, presentations and correspondence
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work effectively and efficiently
- Strong coaching and counseling skills in credit.
This position is located in downtown, Toronto
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted Date: 4/22/2021