Requisition ID: 98518
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Contributes to the overall success of the Real Estate Secured Lending (RESL) business in Canada, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the technology teams, business strategies, salesforce enablement, and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Leads the focus on Design Thinking and Agile Methodologies to develop omni-channel customer solutions; manage a key vendor relationship; and fulfillment experience for Real Estate Secured Lending.
- Delivers outcomes that improve customer and employee experience and core business success metrics including new customer acquisition growth, retention and engagement metrics, and process efficiency gains.
- Leverages new technologies and innovation during development cycles to eliminate customer friction points.
• Plays the Product Owner role within an agile environment ensuring the Scrum team members and business stakeholders are fully equipped to contribute to maximizing business value & enhancing the customer experience.
• Prepares backlog items, ensuring sufficient depth and clarity of groomed stories/bug fixes are available at all times for consumption by Development teams.
Actively contributes to the day-to-day operations of the department, and focuses on building strong relationships with distribution channels to enable sales, ensure alignment with business objectives, and priorities.
• Focuses on ensuring backlog items are clearly articulated and well understood by developers and testers and removes obstacles and/or impediments to support effective sprint cycles.
• Contributes to building enterprise capabilities and expertise of ‘Agile’ project management.
- Champions collaboration with all internal and external stakeholders and
- Effectively communicates product release contents and expected product capabilities/customer journey to appropriate stakeholders.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education and Other Requirements
• Required in depth knowledge of Real Estate Secured Lending systems and processes.
• This role may have 2 direct reports. Strong people management skills are an asset.
• Knowledge of GRM, AML and Fraud Management requirements
• Bachelor’s degree / MBA preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience
• Thorough understanding of Design Thinking and Agile methodologies
• Previous experience in a Product Ownership role is a significant asset
• Ability to identify strategic opportunities and measure performance
• Strong collaborator with proven ability to lead, influence and coordinate sometimes conflicting stakeholders
• Flexible and adaptable within a dynamic business environment with ability to anticipate and react quickly to technological/market change
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted Date: 4/22/2021