Requisition ID: 101797
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
About the role
Contributes to the overall success of the Enterprise Architecture / API Architecture globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
What we are looking for?
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Develop, maintain and evolve API and Events related technical standards, patterns, guidelines and best practices to guide API/Microservices design and development activities for countries/segments across the bank.
- Lead and facilitate API and Events related design or review sessions for projects supporting countries and segments across the bank
- Design, develop, maintain and improve enterprise toolings and artefacts (such as templates, specifications, internal web apps, APIs or command line tools) for supporting and the betterment of day-to-day API and Events governance process.
- Continuously contribute, influence or lead the definition of API and Events related strategies, reference architecture, target state and roadmap development.
- Monitor, analyze, assess and report pertinent industry trending (including Financial Institutions, Fintech and technology organizations in general), best practice, emerging standards and technologies for their relevancy, impact or applicability to the bank.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Are you the right person for the role?
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in designing and developing using OpenAPI specifications, Spring Boot, Spring projects, and Java
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Microservices design and development using Spring Boot and Spring Core framework and other Spring projects and advance Java, JUnit and other Unit/Integration testing frameworks
- Minimum 5 years of experience in using GIT/Bitbucket for source code repository and Maven / Gradle for build.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IDE tools such as Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA or VSCode, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of experience using Jenkins for building CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in Cloud-native Containerized Architecture and experience in deploying applications to containerized cloud platforms such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and/or Kubernetes.
- Working experience of Azure and/or GCP
- Working experience of Docker, Splunk is an asset
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted Date: 4/22/2021