Requisition ID: 103168
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Purpose of Job:
The Manager, Automotive Lending Strategy contributes to the management of credit risk for prime indirect automotive lending. He/she assists in designing strategies that optimize key metrics (approval rate, booking rate, delinquency, write offs, risk-adjusted return), identifying opportunities, while aligning to the Bank's objectives and risk appetite.
This position requires technical expertise including experience with analytics tools like SQL, Angoss KnowledgeSEEKER, Hive, SAS, R, Python, Tableau, risk technologies and scoring to enable the automation and optimization of strategies, policies and business rules. A deep understanding of credit bureau information and key drivers of portfolio P&L is also crucial in providing strategy recommendations.
In addition, the incumbent exercises analytical skills that contributes toward increasing the understanding of customer early behaviour, the correlation between product features and applicant characteristics, etc. The role requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including good presentation skills and the ability to effectively deliver messages by adapting communication and material to varied audiences.
The position involves working closely with Automotive Finance, Global Risk Management (GRM), cross-functional teams in addition to business line departments to define best-practices and achieve balanced growth in a Risk/Reward framework.
1) Perform strategic analysis and reporting to increase automated decisions and optimize risk-adjusted profit by:
- Researching, identifying and utilizing statistically-based methods for assessing, managing and optimizing risk strategies.
- Identifying opportunities to optimize approval and booking rates, initial and current limits, cure rates, etc.
- Conducting ongoing analysis and review of current processes/procedures while constantly looking to improve strategy and operational efficiencies.
- Designing new and refine existing metrics, as appropriate, to better track the portfolio performance.
2) Partner with the Senior Manager, Automotive Lending Strategy and Director in the production of risk strategies for origination and portfolio management by:
- Reviewing originations, portfolio management and collections reports, raising concerns and opportunities to management.
- Providing input into the design and development of new procedures and tools to address trends and risk strategies.
- Researching, testing, recommending and implementing the latest analytical techniques to analyze data, where appropriate.
- Providing recommendations to the Director and Senior Manager, Automotive Lending Strategy regarding variable selection, score cut-offs, etc.
- Identifying, promoting and leading opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of originations and portfolio management procedures including streamlining, automating and standardization.
- Preparing written strategy recommendations/business cases to present to executive and stakeholders, including the business line.
- Providing financial insights and analysis that will identify origination, delinquency and provision trends and inform revenue enhancement and loss mitigation decisions.
- Supporting the development of both risk and financial frameworks to further enhance the profitability and prudent credit risk exposure for the non-prime automotive portfolio and align with key GRM risk appetite measures.
- Designing proper champion/challenger testing to ensure proper measurement of strategies.
3) Conduct comprehensive and timely statistical analysis and execution of ad hoc reporting requests, ensuring accuracy and timely responses for use in Senior Management and Executive decision-making by:
- Reviewing statistical analyses/trends and providing recommendations to address any issues identified.
- Identifying any data issues or concerns that could affect the integrity of any analysis used in the development of scores and strategies.
- Providing value-added insights and recommendations to the Director and Senior Manager, Automotive Lending Strategy.
4) Maintain a high level of individual performance, supports team performance, and fosters a commitment and accountability by:
- Actively improving the team’s analytical capabilities through the use of new techniques and knowledge sharing.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of existing strategies and methodology.
- Keeping up-to-date on best practices in risk management analytical methodologies.
- University degree (or equivalent work experience) in statistics, economics, mathematics or computer science (Master degree is a plus).
- 2 years working experience, with a proven track record using SAS/SQL/R/ Python to extract and analyze data.
- Strong knowledge of designing risk strategies for new account origination and their respective origination systems.
- A deep understanding of credit bureau information is a plus.
- Ability to manage efficiently multiple priorities in order to deliver work assignments under tight deadlines.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills consistent with the ability to identify key issues from a broad range of alternatives, and recommend optimal solutions for various situations.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail, able to work independently through obstacles.
- Strong influencing skills with excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain co-operation across departments.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with ability to deliver strategic messages to senior leadership level positions.
- Excellent financial analysis skills with a solid grasp of profitability drivers and performance measurement tools/criteria.
- Sound personal computer skills, particularly in Excel and Power Point.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted Date: 4/22/2021