Rue21 is looking to expand our Construction team with a Construction Project Manager who would like to be part of the development team reinventing the way we will expand our brand. The Construction Project Manager has many customers, most importantly our store associates. The Manager is responsible for partnering with our design and visual departments. Estimate and work within the budgets they establish on projects varying from new buildouts, relocations, remodels, refreshes and rollouts. Once their work is complete, they will partner with the Operations and Facility teams to create a smooth transition of ownership of the space.
What the responsibilities are:
· Responsible for project estimates using surveys / LODs / Lease exhibits and discussions with team.
· Ability to create budgets for the whole project, partnering with internal departments and exterior vendors.
· Complete ownership of the bid process, including GC selection and vetting.
· Responsible for all landlord communication and scheduling including obtaining TA documentation.
· Flexibility and adaptability in taking on numerous projects. Prioritizing the projects into steps, then providing and meeting achievable, realistic delivery dates.
· Schedule and perform the buildout of the space and punchlist prior to project completion.
· Ensure the timely payment of all vendors and contractors.
· Own relationships between internal departmental teams, landlords, architects and vendors.
Who you are:
· Preferred College Degree. Attention given to concentrations in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management.
· Three years minimum experience Construction Manager with focus on Multi-Unit retailer / Fashion retailer.
· Previous experience in a similar corporate retail construction environment preferred.
· Possesses a high level of experience with retail tenant improvements, multiple project management, specifications, construction administration, detailing, building codes and consultant coordination.
· Knowledge of retail leases, construction contracts and materials, means and methods, and the techniques involved in the construction management of retail stores.
· Ability to travel (20%-25%)
· Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
· Ability to work weekends and extended days on an occasional basis.
· Computer in MS Office Suite, including Teams, Outlook & customized store / project software.
· Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills.
· Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams.
· Strong, professional, and effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging mentoring, feedback and innovation.
Competitive Benefits Package
Over 3 Weeks PTO After 1 Year
Casual Dress Code
Great Work Culture
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experience required: Mid-Senior Level
Click Here to Apply