ABOUT THIS JOB
Nielsen IQ BASES helps clients from various industries such as FMCG, finance, pharmaceuticals to develop and commercialize new products or services that generate profitable growth. We do this by identifying unmet consumer demand, optimizing innovations to deliver on that demand, quantifying the opportunity of those innovations, and help accelerate commercialization success with more precise launch plans and real-time optimization of in-market activities.
The Commercial Leader is expected to proactively identify new client opportunities to expand the business with non-constant clients and acquire/develop new clients in Japan through a consultative selling approach. The Commercial Lead needs to speak the marketing language and think like a marker to be able to transfer the consumer/technical insights into impactful business recommendations.
Where the focus is to drive client engagement and commercial results, the roles are expected to transfer the technical knowledge and consumer insights into impactful business recommendations and drive client relationships and commercial results accordingly.
- Actively identify business opportunities and expanding BASES services to new clients
- Be proactive questioning client on business issues, use active listening to understand the question behind the question & identifying new business opportunities
- Proactively present to the client / team new services
- Prepare proposals and proactively follows-up with the client on proposals, designs, costs and drive conversion
- Set up an action plan, forecast and monitor the revenue vs. target
- To work collaboratively with the client service team undertaking the project execution and analysis, in terms of discussing with the analytics expertise on study design, leading kick-off meeting and proper handoff to the execution team and actively participate in the final review to ensure client questions answered and be able to lead an important presentation to key stakeholders if required
- To be able to give training and coach on “higher-order” skills, such as client leadership skills
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You’re the first to recognize an opportunity, then turn it into a client solution. Pivot is your middle name. Last-minute requests? No problem. You confidently manage data, and you care about the people behind every number. In fact, you’re a bit of a people person and feel energized by successful collaboration. You manage relationships and expectations as well as manage projects, and your experience speaks for itself. Curiosity, communication, and critical thinking drive your work--whether you got your start in sales or consulting; analytics, or consumer goods. Now you’re ready for what’s next.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the related field
- Minimum 8 years of working experience in marketing research, consulting, or marketing field
- Exposure of Innovation Research and Commercial Experience is preferred
- Experience with Nielsen IQ BASES’ services and forecasting models is preferred
- Good client service skills and able to communicate and write effectively in English and Japanese
- Knowledge of statistics, research techniques, and experimental procedures
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Experience required: Director
Click Here to Apply