Historically, the travel requirement for this position has ranged from 80-100%. The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities, and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts. For now, all KPMG business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only. At some point in the future and with the safety of people as the critical factor, the travel requirement will likely increase, possibly to previous levels, but KPMG is committed to balancing client requirements with new delivery capabilities.
Innovate. Collaborate. Build. Create. Solve. The KPMG Digital Lighthouse is KPMG's award-winning Analytics & AI Center of Excellence recognized by clients and leading analyst firms in the US and globally. The KPMG Lighthouse is a curation of specialized technical capabilities and domain experts working across the digital landscape: applied data science, AI, data engineering and insights, software engineering, automation, and big data. Here, you'll work with a diverse team of professionals to explore and build solutions for clients in a multiplatform environment.
You'll be an important part of our high-energy, unique, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. In this particular role, you'll work specifically in the AI Analytics & Engineering Community within the Digital Lighthouse, on a wide range of projects. From applied AI to optimization to big data platform engineering, your analytical and technical skills will drive real impact in the business world. At KPMG, our commitment to your career development helps to set us apart as an employer. We want to enhance your potential, both for yourself and as a contributor to our firm. That's why we provide every opportunity to expand your skills, knowledge and experiences through formal education and training programs, leadership development opportunities, and, as well as informal one-on-one coaching and mentoring from your KPMG colleagues.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate, Advanced Analytics Modeler, Intelligent Forecasting to join our KPMG Lighthouse - Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics.
- Work in multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams to translate business objectives into machine learning approaches and objectives; strong aptitude for quickly learning business operational, process, delivery, and revenue models
- Work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with both virtual and face-to-face interactions utilizing structured approaches to solving problems, managing risks, and documenting assumptions; communicate results and educate others through insightful visualizations, reports, and presentations
- Assess, capture, and translate financial and operational business problems and requirements into structured and repeatable analytics use cases, including rapid learning of industry/domain/client dynamics and the development of effective work stream plans informed by data science best practices
- Adapt established forecasting methods to unique revenue models; combining detailed industry and company analysis with statistically sound model structure recommendations
- Plan data ingestion processes to identify, prepare, extract, model, and annotate a rich variety of unstructured data sources (financial data, operational data, social media, news, internal/external documents, images, video, voice, emails, and economic data)
- Utilize a hypothesis-driven problem-solving approach to design, construct, and rapidly test/iterate exploratory models that will reveal insight and opportunities for the client
- Deliver on engagement milestones by following analytics processes to mitigate risks in data engineering, modeling, validation and delivery; communicate clearly and concisely with key stakeholders on technical subjects, including data cleaning and modeling methodology
- Minimum one year of modeling work experience or training equivalent to an MS Analytics degree, with working knowledge of modeling (regression, machine learning, feature selection, dimension reduction, validation), data (extracting, cleaning, transforming, validating), and building analytics pipelines
- Experience with time series analysis and forecasting (ARIMA, VAR, ETS, BSTS, Holt Winter’s, and others)
- Experience with analyzing large amounts of financial and operational data to derive meaningful trends, map connections, and identify drivers of key P&L line items like revenue and cost
- Background in linear algebra and statistics
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in a quantitative discipline, such as Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics/Statistics
- Proficiency in designing and building of machine learning pipelines (data extraction, feature engineering from structured and unstructured data); Possess broad versatile knowledge of analytics and data science landscape, combined with strong business consulting acumen to enable the identification, design, and deployment of optimal machine learning solutions
- Ability to apply statistical and machine learning techniques to achieve concrete business goals; work with the business to understand available resources and constraints around data (sources, integrity, and definitions), processing platforms, and security; and provide assistance and resolve problems using solid problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Python, experience with other programming languages (SAS, R, Java, Spark, Hadoop, and SQL), proficiency with the Jupyter suite and/or Visual Basic Studio and experience with common data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI, and others)
- Strong communication skills to explain technical concepts to business audiences and business concepts to technical resources, leveraging data visualization and presentation skills to succinctly communicate findings and definitions
- Ability to travel up to eighty percent of the time; Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
Location: Irvine, CA, US
Posted Date: 4/20/2021