Store Loss Prevention Managers are responsible for leading Loss Prevention functions within a specific location and for partnering with Store Operations in an effort to prevent company loss. You will be responsible for driving company objectives in profit and loss control, sales performance, customer satisfaction, and shrink results. This includes networking with law enforcement, loss prevention professionals and other retailers to identify and create comprehensive case files for repeat external theft perpetrators and minimize exposure to loss and fraud. This position will further support the District Loss Prevention Manager(s) by conducting awareness training, root cause analysis and threat assessments.
- Responsible for the implementation, training and coordination of all Loss Prevention best practices. This includes training all store associates and managers on company Loss Prevention programs to ensure compliance.
- Conduct Loss Prevention assessments/investigations.
- Ensure the physical security of the building and Company assets: complete monthly alarm tests, partner with DLPM and LP Coordinator to resolve alarm and CCTV issues, respond to after-hours alarm calls as needed, ensure store alarm system call list is up-to-date, ensure any key or safe combination changes occur upon changes in management.
- Conduct ongoing MES training, ensures timely completion of certification programs; assist with all new-hire training and in-depth training for specialized positions.
- Detection, investigation, and documentation of Organized Retail Crime, and other violations of law and/or company policy.
- Conduct thorough analysis of daily, weekly and monthly exception reports to identify areas of opportunity.
- Research and respond to cash over/short reporting.
- Partner with Distribution Center Loss Prevention Supervisor to resolve issues involving the flow of merchandise to the store and any firearms issues.
- Conduct store Loss Prevention Assessments to ensure compliance with Company processes and legal requirements.
- Support the Shrink Coach in ensuring compliance of self-assessments
- Conducts regular review of operational processes for compliance - SIM, Transfers, Claims, RTVs, SFS, BOPIS and Known Loss Reporting. Develops tactics for improvement as necessary.
All Teammates are required to adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Additionally, as business needs arise, other tasks may become necessary.
- 3-5 years of Loss Prevention experience or related retail experience
- Interview/Interrogation training and practical skills (Wicklander-Zulawski certification preferred).
- Certified Forensic Interviewer CFI) - preferred.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Successfully pass comprehensive criminal background.
- World-class customer service skill and interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Flexible availability – including nights, weekend, and holidays
- Must be able to keep confidences and consistently operate in a direct and truthful manner.
- Loss Prevention Qualified (LPQ) preferred.
- Loss Prevention Certified (LPC) preferred.
- Certified Forensic Interview (CFI) preferred.
- Advanced level of administration and technical knowledge of Loss Prevention systems and shrinkage controls.
- Strong conflict management skills with the ability to work alone in stressful situations.
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus Programs
DICK’S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusion and Diversity.
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Posted Date: 4/15/2021
Dick's Sporting Goods