The Role of the Social Specialist
If you’re curious, authentic, have excellent English reading / writing skills, enjoy interacting with people on Social Media and want to work in an award-winning Agency, then you might want continue reading this!
We are looking for a Social Specialist to be part of our growing team of Social Media Marketing specialists at Leo Burnett.
The Social Specialist is responsible for ensuring active and engaged social communities (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.). The Social Specialist is also responsible for monitoring online conversations, and participating in those conversations to build client product visibility as well as support brand awareness and engagement at local market level.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage content for social media conversations and activities
- Maintain a good relationship between the client and the agency
- Manage VOC (voice of the consumer) and escalate as necessary and appropriate; monitor conversations and user-generated comments and escalate to internal and client stakeholders as necessary
- Post content for feeds and discussion-starter topics including writing Facebook status updates, tweets, blog posts, etc. in alignment with global/local client social strategies
- Manage daily operations of page/channel including themes/skin/layout changes when appropriate
- Maintain editorial calendars
- Adhere to the standard practices guide for social channel responsibilities and guidelines
- Review and respond to user-generated comments in order to foster a positive community and add value to the users’ experience as outlined in the schedule
- Enforce Social Media Guidelines as defined by global/local client social media strategies
- Identify, locate and engage advocates and influencers within the various social community sites to foster dialogue and allow discussions about client’s products and promotions/campaigns
- Pull and interpret data using a basic analytics report template during campaign/promotions to highlight key findings from social media forums; key areas of the report template may include:
- Activity on pages/channel management
- Community activity (fans, posts, comments, conversation topics, etc)
- Moderation actions (posts, comments and content removal and/or banning)
- 1 to 3 years working in digital and/or communications
- Experience living in the social media universe—you’re in-the-know on Pinterest, YouTube, WhatsApp, Instagram, Reddit, Kik, Flickr, Forums, Twitter, Wikis, blogs, etc.
- Excellent research and writing skills—and the ability to create smart social content quickly (please include links to examples of your work in your application)
- A passion for blogging, microblogging and Facebooking
- A strong understanding of marketing strategy, particularly feed marketing
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing
- The ability to back up great creative ideas with sound analytical reasoning
- The ability to identify threats and opportunities in user generated content
- Knowledge of search engine optimization basics
- Willingness to travel—you’re open to new places, new faces and new ideas
Experience required: Executive
Click Here to Apply