The Japan Merchant Sales & Solutions team is responsible for the short and long term growth of merchant acceptance for Visa’s existing and new Digital products and services. The team is focused on expanding acceptance for contactless and enabling a cash free market. The team will achieve its success through working with and through its acquiring partners, key merchant partners and the technology firms driving innovation in the market place.
What a Sales and Commercial Operations Manager, Merchant and Acquirer Solutions does at Visa:
A Sales and Commercial Operations Manager is responsible for the design and implementation of effective commercial strategies to drive revenue growth and expansion of our business model across Japan. In addition, the role holder will develop and execute new innovative approaches to drive efficiencies across our processes to achieve the best in class sales execution. The position will work closely with regional business leaders to implement and coordinate systems and procedures, and interface with regional and global FP&A business partners.
The position requires the ability to apply strong analytical and critical thinking skills to solve business problems, and quickly arrive at recommendations that drive corporate priorities.
- Work with the sales leadership team and sales colleagues to enable accurate strategic & business planning, forecasting, territory management, and methodology, aligning with the broader Merchant Sales & Solutions strategy
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key partners - internally and externally. Build relationships with key Visa stakeholders and serve as a trusted advisor to CyberSource and MSA sales team in commercial discussions and negotiations with prospective clients and existing partners
- Track sales and business results; provide monthly, quarterly, and annual business performance and sales reporting; own pipeline forecasting methodology; communicate metrics, key performance indicators, and communicate findings to the leadership team and to sales colleagues
- Support Deal Management and merchant sales teams with Commercial deal offerings and through client negotiations and proposals, including support and preparation of bespoke pricing commercial constructs and RFP responses
- Analyze VisaNet data, market reports and benchmarks to identify performance gaps and improvement opportunities.
What you will need:
Qualifications – Basic
- A strategic mind-set who understands broad market trends and penetration tactics while identifying key insights and developing them into business strategies
- Strong project management and planning skills with ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
- Strong sense of commitment and accountability
- Self-motivated to deliver work of the highest standard
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to work in a time sensitive environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Qualifications – Preferred
- Japanese and English language proficiency in formal business communication (verbal and written)
- Interest and intellectual curiosity regarding the global financial system, as well as FinTech and business models
- 3-5 years’ total experience in strategy and operations for a large technology firm, management consulting, investment banking, private equity or corporate strategy
Due to the impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic in Japan, we are currently unable to consider applicants based overseas who would require immigration sponsorship to live and work in Japan.
Experience required: Mid-Senior Level
Click Here to Apply