LOCATION: EAST HARLEM NY
SEND RESUME OR EMAIL TO: ALEXG @ SMITHARNOLD.COM VP PMHNP RECRUITMENT OR CALL 203-975-6688
We will see new graduates!
We have a great new opportunity for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to work with a diverse patient population in our outpatient clinic located right in the East Harlem area. Our organization has been serving the community for over 100 years and we offer behavioral health and medical health services to adults and child and adolescence. As the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, you would be working alongside 3 Psychiatrists and another Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. We do not take walk in patients and on a normal day you would see around 15 patients. We have over 400 people working for our company, 40 of which in behavioral health. You would be given 60 minutes for a psychiatric evaluation and typically would do 2 evaluations per day. We give anywhere from 20-25 minutes for a medication checkup. The patient population is a mix between Adults and child and adolescence. The large majority are ages 30-50 years of age. Most of the diagnosis of our patients are mood disorders, anxiety, and PTSD. This opportunity would be 100% outpatient with a flexible schedule. We are ideally looking for someone for 2-3 days per week anywhere from 14-22 hours but may consider full time as well. Please see job highlights below for more information.
Title: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Compensation: 100/110 hour
Responsibilities for Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
· Giving in depth psychiatric evaluations of patients
· Performing medication management
· Collaborating with Psychiatrists and other behavioral health workers
· Giving some injections, Haldol, vivitrol etc…
· Documenting all notes in EMR system (Myevolve)
· Discharging patients for further medical care if needed
Preferred Qualifications for Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
· Board Certified (Preferable) or Board Eligible Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
· Active New York state medical license
· Active or in process DEA license
· Must work well with team
· Attention to detail
· Graduate of accredited Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experience required: Entry Level
Click Here to Apply
Smith Arnold Partners