We have an opening for an experienced RN for our inpatient oncology floor. North 8 is a 26 bed oncology unit caring for oncology patients with Bone Marrow Transplants, Hematologic diseases and gynecologic cancers. Patients may be admitted for treatment of lymphoma, multiple myeloma, Sickle Cell disease, Amyloidosis, and leukemia. The nursing care of these patients focuses on assessment and management of autologous/ allogeneic transplants, administration of blood products, high dose chemotherapy, post op gynecological surgery and development of a care plan in collaboration the multidisciplinary care team. Care of our patients includes both curative and palliative treatment plans and the Professional Registered Nurse (RN) possesses and applies the skills and knowledge necessary for the delivery and management of patient care from admission through discharge.
- The professional registered nurse is knowledgeable of current trends in healthcare including but not limited to advances in technology, pharmacology, treatment care modalities, quality and patient safety.
- The professional registered nurse serves as a patient and family advocate while facilitating a cooperative and collaborative environment among all health care providers.
- The professional registered nurse is responsible for the planning, delivery and management of patient/family centered care utilizing the nursing process and adhering to the standards of nursing practice embedded in research, evidence based practice and/or best practices.
- The professional registered nurse provides clinical excellence, which fosters and supports an environment central to our patient and family centered model of care.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required.
- Current MA Registered Nurse license required.
- BLS Certification required.
- A minimum of one year of Professional RN experience is required.
- Chemotherapy certification desired
- OCN BMTCN preferred
- Ability to provide care for a designated group of patients according to unit guidelines and hospital policies, procedures and protocols.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT:
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. New England Medical Center reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experience required: Entry Level
Click Here to Apply
Tufts Medical Center