Please note: Please note: The home unit for this position is the Adult Inpatient Medical/Surgical Unit – Farnsworth 4. The position is clustered with the Adult Complex Medical Units North 7 and Proger 7, and the Adult Hematology/Oncology Unit - North 8. You may be scheduled to work on the unit you are clustered to off of your home unit.
Scheduling may consist of both 8 and 12 hour shifts, 36 (flex) hours/week: Rotating shifts with weekend & holiday rotation.
About the Department: Farnsworth 4 is a 21-bed Adult Medical/Surgical floor at Tufts Medical Center that provides care to adult complex patient populations from a wide variety of medical/surgical services. The primary service lines for Farnsworth 4 include Geriatrics and Adult General Medicine, as well as other medical/surgical services including: Infectious Diseases, Pulmonary, Renal, GI, Cardiac, Neurology, Hematology/Oncology, and Orthopedics. We are seeking hard working and compassionate Registered Nurses who are interested in functioning as a member of the interdisciplinary team to provide our patients with a safe and supportive care environment.
The Professional Registered Nurse (RN) possesses and applies the skills and knowledge necessary for the delivery and management of patient care from admission through discharge.
- The professional registered nurse is knowledgeable of current trends in healthcare including but not limited to advances in technology, pharmacology, treatment care modalities, quality and patient safety.
- The professional registered nurse serves as a patient and family advocate while facilitating a cooperative and collaborative environment among all health care providers.
- The professional registered nurse is responsible for the planning, delivery and management of patient/family centered care utilizing the nursing process and adhering to the standards of nursing practice embedded in research, evidence based practice and/or best practices.
- The professional registered nurse provides clinical excellence, which fosters and supports an environment central to our patient and family centered model of care.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- Current MA Registered Nurse license required.
- BLS Certification required.
- A minimum of one year of Professional Registered Nurse experience is required.
- Ability to provide care for a designated group of patients according to unit guidelines and hospital policies, procedures and protocols.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT:
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. New England Medical Center reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experience required: Not Applicable
Click Here to Apply
Tufts Medical Center