The Construction Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the Construction and Project Management process for CBAC. This will include, but not be limited to:
- managing the construction pipeline of current projects and ensuring each project is meeting or exceeding project timeline and cost goals
- procuring national general contractors
- managing existing vendor and contractor relationships
- cost-engineering each project during the architectural, civil and MEP design processes
- negotiating with general contractor and consultants to ensure that CBAC is paying the best price in each situation
- Internal consulting on the concept plan and site plan review stages to efficiently utilize the site.
As a strong part of the overall Development team, the Construction Project Manager and the Project Management team will be expected to manage the pre-construction and construction timelines of 25-30 projects per year and effectively communicate inter-departmentally with the construction, operations, entitlements, finance, franchise, legal teams, and the Director of Construction on these timelines.
The ideal candidate must have at least 5-10 years of commercial or retail construction and project management experience. The requisite experience must include, but not be limited to, success in these areas:
- strong commercial and/or retail construction
- recruiting and hiring new general contractors
- cost engineering
- site plan and concept plan review
- architectural/civil review
- building and maintaining strong vendor network
- reading and interpreting highly technical reports from geologists, architects, and structural/civil engineers
Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess excellent multi-tasking skills, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and have only the highest integrity in all their interactions. The candidate must be coachable, driven, focused, self-confident, a self-starter and must strive for excellence. Our hard-working Construction Team does not always stop at 40 hours per week. We are looking for a candidate that understands the world of construction project management and the hours required of this type of work. The ideal candidate will also be seeking a friendly, family-oriented work environment.
Key Result Areas:
- The Construction Project Manager will manage 20-30 land development projects per year; including some in pre-construction and some in construction simultaneously.
- Must be able to achieve a reasonable Total Project Cost across all current projects in construction.
- Must be able to achieve a reasonable Construction project timeline across all current projects in construction. From building permit issued to Certificate of Occupancy.
- Must be able to know correct next steps for each project in each phase of development.
- Must pre-identify potential issues and proactively address solutions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required. We will value experience in lieu of education where appropriate.
- Minimum 5-10 years of commercial and or retail construction experience.
This individual will be accountable to the individuals responsible for protecting the Christian Brothers Automotive brand including: Franchisees, Home Office team, and the Leadership team. The Construction Manager will report directly to the Director of Construction.
This role will be located at the Home Office headquarters in Houston, TX.
We estimate that 10-15% of your time will be spent traveling to project locations.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Christian Brothers Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Experience required: Mid-Senior Level
Click Here to Apply
Christian Brothers Automotive