Services, maintains, and repairs all construction equipment and vehicles in a quality manner to meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Diagnoses, services, troubleshoots, inspects, and repairs various systems found on heavy and small construction equipment.
• Keeps tools, equipment, and work area clean, organized, and in good working condition.
• Maintains service logs and records of maintenance on vehicles and motorized equipment, using fleet maintenance and management software.
• Any other related duties as directed by the Equipment Manager
• Knowledge of the standard practices, materials, tools, and equipment used in the repair and maintenance of motor vehicles and engines.
• Knowledge of safety issues in the use of tools, equipment, and supplies used in repair of motorized vehicles and equipment.
• Knowledge of body and frame construction. Skill in the use of a variety of hand tools.
• Skill in the use of gas and electric welding equipment.
• Skill in the use of mechanized tools, jacks, and hoists.
• Skill in the use of a variety of diagnostic testing and tuning equipment.
• Ability to diagnose mechanical, electrical and hydraulic malfunctions.
• Ability to read manuals and schematics.
• Ability to rebuild engines and major driveline components.
• Ability to communicate with other mechanics about repair work needed.
Job Specific Competencies
• Minimum of 3 years' experience of diagnosing, servicing, troubleshooting, inspecting, and repairing various systems found on heavy and small construction equipment.
• Must be able to perform manual labor in all types of environments and conditions.
• Ability to lift 50 or more pounds.
• Must be able to work outdoors and withstand different weather elements.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift, carry, bend, crawl, squat, climb, kneel, push, pull, and crouch.
Location: Thonotosassa, Florida, US
Posted Date: 2/13/2021
Dallas 1 Construction