The Follow-up Nurse in the Emergency Department:
- Responsible for next day follow-up program for radiology over-reads, blood and urine culture results.
- Collaborate with physician group on follow-up care for patients seen in ED with a change in results.
- Monitors Left without Being Seen program and provides oversight to ensure patient follow-up care as necessary.
- Documents in the medical record both written and electronic for physician orders for patient care rendered.
- Point of contact for retail pharmacy questions and concerns for prescriptions given from the Emergency Department providers.
- Performs audits and ensures regulatory compliance.
- Responsible to provide patient and family education.
- Other projects and administrative tasks as appropriate (i.e., scheduling, daily assignments, etc.).
- Current MA RN Licensure is required
- BSN is required
- ACLS certification is required
- BLS certification is required
- PALS certification is required
- Prior ED RN experience is required (with preference for Trauma Center experience)
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT:
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. New England Medical Center reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experience required: Not Applicable
Click Here to Apply
Tufts Medical Center