The preschool teacher provides a Christ-centered, biblically based environment for children birth through 5 years of age where all children receive a high quality early childhood education while learning the Good News of Jesus Christ. Under general administrative supervision, plans, develops and instructs students in a team setting, by taking the approved curriculum goals, standards, learning objectives and learning experiences that will contribute to the development of skills and academic achievement. The position is a permanent full-time job working 40 hours per week at the Irvine campus.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provides a Christ-centered, warm and accepting environment for the children of MCP
- Create, implement and evaluate an engaging, age appropriate emergent curriculum for children
- Responsible for planning, organizing and carrying out a developmentally appropriate program in both the indoor and outdoor classroom setting
- Communicates effectively with parents regarding their children, the classroom, school and church events through a variety of verbal and written methods. Parent/Teacher conferences are conducted bi-annually
- Conducts ongoing assessment of children using the DRDP-15 and maintains individual portfolios for each child
- Participates in MCP staff development days and regular staff meetings. Completes 21 hours of approved Professional Development per year
- Maintain preschool's professional status by displaying spiritual, positive, professional behavior, and understand and follow policies and procedures
- Participates in activities that promote community within the school and church throughout the year
Qualifications and Requirements
- Clear Live Scan and Criminal Background Check
- Minimum of 24 units of Early Childhood Education/Child Development required, AA or BA preferred
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification
- Record of immunizations: current TB test clearance, MMR, DTaP, annual influenza
- Hours may vary as needed; center open from 7am-6pm
Other Ministry Responsibilities
- Attend Mariners church events and participate in Rooted/Life Groups within 1 year of hire
- Attend Preschool and Church Events as needed
Additionally, all Church Staff Members:
- Love Jesus and call themselves Christians.
- Embrace a high biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
- Agree to and adhere to the church's statement of faith and leadership commitment.
- Attend Mariners Church
Experience required: Associate
Click Here to Apply