A Center City Philadelphia based Real Estate company is seeking a Facilities and Construction Project Manager. This individual will be primarily responsible for overseeing and coordinating various construction projects from start to finish, ensuring that schedules and budgets are followed.. Requirements:
• Provides leadership in initial planning stage by collaborating with clients, architects, engineers, or other involved parties; develops detailed description of jobs and materials necessary to complete project.
• Schedules and coordinates projects in logical steps and budgets the time necessary to meet each deadline.
• Prepares and submits budget estimates and regularly communicates with client concerning budget progress and costs.
• Ensures adherence to the budget and, when unexpected complications or issues arise, makes quick and necessary adjustments.
• Plans, coordinates, organizes, oversees, and directs activities regarding the construction and maintenance of assigned structures, facilities, and systems.
• Ensures safety standards and guidelines are followed on the jobsite and that all safety codes are met in construction.
• Oversees contract negotiations, revisions, and additions and adherence by all parties.
• Collaborates with supervisory staff, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve problems, including work procedures, complaints, and construction or design issues.
• Manages and leads actions that are necessary due to delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction sites.
• Develops and maintains good working relationships with a variety of people, including owners, managers, designers, supervisors, tradespersons, and craft workers.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Selects, contracts, and oversees contractors for specific needs.
• Supervises each contractor and subcontractor to ensure that work meets quality standards and adheres to specifications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related project software is preferred.
• Thorough understanding of contracts, plans, specifications, and regulations.
• Ability to remain flexible and efficient in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to make intelligent and quick decisions, working well under pressure, and when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays.
• Ability to effectively multitask while analyzing and solving problems.
• Understanding of engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings is a plus.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Construction Science, Construction Management, or Civil Engineering is preferred.
• At least two years of construction or property management maintenance experience required.
• Multi-Family apartment community experience.
• Must be able to traverse and inspect all areas of jobsite in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, or stretching.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
• May require travel.
• Exposure to characteristic construction site dangers.
• Must be on-call to address delays, emergencies, bad weather, and other issues at the jobsite.
• Medical, dental, vision, and retirement plan options!
• Paid Time Off
• Student Loan Contributions
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US
Posted Date: 1/10/2021