As a Designer for the Traffic/Technology Team in our Lincoln, NE office, you will provide assistance to engineers, use drafting software to create plans, perform design work, and may travel to job sites for observation or field work, working in all types of terrain and weather conditions. Olsson's traffic and technology experts provide clients with services ranging from long haul outside plant design, inside plant design, Fiber to the home (FTTH) design, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Design, traffic data collection and GIS Asset Management / Fiber Mapping services.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- Ability to meet project deadlines
- Associate’s degree in drafting
- 2 - 5 years of drafting experience
- Knowledge of CAD (AutoCAD) and/or Microstation preferred, not required
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Software (ArcMap and ArcPro) preferred, not required
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Experience required: Entry Level
Click Here to Apply