Launch your career while changing the lives of individuals with autism spectrum disorders and their families. While many therapy services require years of specialized schooling, Easter Seals can offer you the unique opportunity to receive intensive training and supervision, and direct experience working in the autism field. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference and jump start your career in this expanding field.
Opportunities are currently available for Behavior Interventionists in the Encinitas area (and surrounding cities) to provide one-on-one, specialized behavior intervention services to children. Behavior Interventionists will also monitor the development of children in the home, community and/or other settings, in addition to providing parent education.
Under general supervision, provides behavioral interventions to individuals with an autism spectrum disorder and/or other related disabilities through planned interventions; these may include discrete trials, antecedent and consequence modifications, and planned and intermittent reinforcement. Teaches both diagnosed individuals as well as their caregivers strategies to increase skills and decrease behavior excesses.
- Provides specialized behavior intervention services to children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in the home, the community and/or other natural settings. Provides parent education and coordinates specialized training and instructional materials for caregivers.
- Attends staff meetings, in-service, treatment plans, trainings, and other meetings as required.
- Completes necessary documentation including evaluations, treatment notes, progress reports and exit summaries; keeps updated with other site, program, and participant-related documents and reports. Prepares materials for meetings and provides child-related communication to caregivers, the program team, physicians, and other health care providers, as appropriate.
- Remains current regarding new research, current trends and developments in autism, special education and related fields.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply to this opportunity, please visit: https://careers-essc.icims.com
- Bachelor's Degree and 1 year exposure to children with autism spectrum disorders and/or other related developmental disabilities -or- currently enrolled in an accredited college or university with preference to programs related to early childhood education, psychology, nursing or related field, plus 2 years exposure to children with autism spectrum disorders and/or other related developmental disabilities.
- Demonstrated competency in approaches to intervention, based on the science of Applied Behavior Analysis; competency in employing and directing behavior analytic methodologies, including discrete trial and naturalist teaching procedures, differential reinforcement, continuous and discontinuous measurement, and crisis/emergency procedures.
- Must possess basic computer skills. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Skype, Outlook). Must be able to learn and use iPad and/or other assigned devices.
- Ability to maintain positive customer interaction and professionalism, communicate effectively through oral and written skills, and work cooperatively with a variety of individuals and groups; demonstrated ability to interact well with children and their families, and to maintain a positive affect.
- Ability to interpret and implement policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, exercise discretion, and maintain a high level of confidentiality in handling sensitive situations and documentation.
- Ability to pass a post-offer physical examination and a TB test.
- Ability to provide proof of required vaccinations or positive titer showing immunity. A signed declination may be acceptable for certain vaccinations.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a criminal record/fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation per Easterseals of Southern California and/or program requirements.
- Ability to travel locally; maintain driving record in compliance with Transportation Safety Standards; maintain auto insurance and vehicle registration.
- Starting hourly range $17-19 dependent on experience or education.
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(K) + Matching
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Leave Pay
- Medical (Affordable Care Act)
- Direct Deposit & Credit Union
- Referral Bonus Program
- Benefit Hub - Corporate Discounts
Experience required: Entry Level
Click Here to Apply
Easterseals Southern California