Working at Easterseals Southern California is more than just a job, it’s an opportunity to make profound and positive differences in people's lives, every day. Our purpose is to change the way the world defines and views disability. At ESSC, you’ll join a team of caring colleagues who will help support you throughout your job and career. Join our team today and start making an impact. Behavior Interventionists provide ABA therapy and can also be known as behavior therapists, behavior technicians, and behavior aides in the industry. We provide extensive training for new hires and all associates will have an opportunity to earn their RBT (Registered Behavior Technician) certification if they do not already have one.
- Provides specialized behavior intervention services to children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in the home, the community and/or other natural settings. Provides parent education and coordinates specialized training and instructional materials for caregivers.
- Attends staff meetings, in-service, treatment plans, trainings, and other meetings as required.
- Completes necessary documentation including evaluations, treatment notes, progress reports and exit summaries; keeps updated with other site, program, and participant-related documents and reports. Prepares materials for meetings and provides child-related communication to caregivers, the program team, physicians, and other health care providers, as appropriate.
- Remains current regarding new research, current trends and developments in autism, special education and related fields.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university. Preference for degree programs related to psychology, early childhood education, behavior therapy, or related field.
- At least 1 year of either professional or personal experience with children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder and/or other development disabilities.
- Demonstrated competency in approaches to intervention, based on the science of Applied Behavior Analysis; competency in employing and directing behavior analytic methodologies, including discrete trial and naturalist teaching procedures, differential reinforcement, continuous and discontinuous measurement, and crisis/emergency procedures.
- Must possess basic computer skills. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Skype, Outlook). Must be able to learn and use iPad and/or other assigned devices.
- Ability to maintain positive customer interaction and professionalism, communicate effectively through oral and written skills, and work cooperatively with a variety of individuals and groups; demonstrated ability to interact well with children and their families, and to maintain a positive affect.
- Ability to interpret and implement policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, exercise discretion, and maintain a high level of confidentiality in handling sensitive situations and documentation.
- Ability to pass a post-offer physical examination and a TB test.
- Ability to provide proof of required vaccinations or positive titer showing immunity. A signed declination may be acceptable for certain vaccinations.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a criminal record/fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation per Easterseals of Southern California and/or program requirements.
- Ability to travel locally; maintain driving record in compliance with Transportation Safety Standards; maintain auto insurance and vehicle registration.
Why work with Easterseals? Here’s a few great reasons:
- You will make an impactful change in the lives of people with disabilities! This is an opportunity to invest into individuals who truly need your help to maximize their great potential!
- We provide not just a job, but a meaningful career for service minded people! Join a team that is supportive, positive, and puts a focus on your individual growth.
- We provide paid training, and certifications. To enhance your growth, we provide ongoing training as well.
- We offer flexible work schedules and awesome employee benefits!
- We offer highly competitive pay!
While we do our best when taking care of others, we take care of you, too. ESSC offers several employee benefits!
Come join our team and we look forward to speaking with you!
- Starting hourly range $17-$19 dependent on experience or education.
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(K) + Matching
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Leave Pay
- Medical (Affordable Care Act)
- Direct Deposit & Credit Union
- Referral Bonus Program
- Benefit Hub - Corporate Discounts
Experience required: Entry Level
Click Here to Apply
Easterseals Southern California