Mirantis is adding a presales Solution Architect to our team! As part of the Solution Architecture team, your work is to identify or create solutions for complex real-world problems through technical prowess, collaboration, versatility, and creativity. You will work internally with product management, marketing, and engineering teams to define enhancements to our products, and you will work in lockstep with Sales to communicate Mirantis product vision, features and value while anticipating and mitigating potential obstacles.
The Solution Architect position offers candidates expansive opportunities for professional growth across a variety of business and technology domains. You will play a key role as an individual leader in the field and contribute internally to an organizational culture that deeply values transparency, performance, development, creativity, collaboration, and trust.
- Discover and qualify business alignment and technical fit between customer requirements and Mirantis product and services
- Define and document customer business drivers, problem statements, and technical requirements
- Position Mirantis products and services through dialog, presentation, demonstration, workshops and RFQ/RFP
- Develop solution proposals and statements of work collaboratively with Sales and the Services Deal-Desk (MSDD)
- Establish relationships as a trusted advisor to technical influencers and decision makers
- Advocate for customer needs and serve as a conduit for customer feedback inside Mirantis across Services, Product, and Support organizations
- Take ownership by getting involved in the delivery of services, technical support tickets and any area to ensure customer success
- Propose and contribute to prioritization and design for new product enhancements, features, capabilities or implementation of the same based on customer interaction and ecosystem observation in coordination with Product Management and Engineering
- Work as an individual or in collaboration with others to create targeted collateral for customer engagements
- Practical understanding of distributed systems, software development practices, application architecture, and DevOps philosophies.
- Hands-on experience with:
- Open source software
- Cloud Infrastructure - OpenStack, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Microservices and/or container frameworks - Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos and adjacent technologies
- Software-defined-networking, virtualization, automated bare-metal provisioning, software-defined-storage, relational and noSQL database, identity and security engineering, architecture or design
- Automation, DevOps and CICD tooling - spinnaker, ansible, puppet, salt, terraform, vault, git, jenkins, gerrit, docker, packer, repository management etc
- NFVi, VIM, NFV orchestration (MANO) or specific VNFs
- OSS systems for infrastructure monitoring, logging and alerting
Characteristics for Success
- Contextual Communicator
- Adapts to audience personas to communicate complex concepts, whether succinct or storied
- Ability to tell a story through demonstration and whiteboarding targeted at the audience personas
- Analytical Problem Solver
- Able to creatively solve a problem with incomplete data (infer context)
- Breaks complex problems into smaller ones without losing context
- Critically thinks about what, how and why
- Individual Leader
- Does not rely on the direction of others; proactive and takes ownership
- Confident, credible, agile, responsive, takes risks
- Information Assimilator
- Rapidly acquires and applies knowledge and skill, sometimes under pressure
- Strives to understand related concepts
- Business / Sales Minded
- Understands sales processes & relationships
- Adaptable to different levels of technical sales knowledge by account executives
- Interpersonal risk taker
- Invested in Growth
- Chooses to become exceptional at something
- Learns from and persists in adversity, failure, iteration, and success
- 2-5 years experience in a customer-facing technical role or 5+ years as a Senior software/infrastructure engineer or architect
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor degree preferred
- Hands-on proficiency with Linux (CLI)
- Practical understanding of IP networking (L2-L4), including route, switch, load-balancing and firewalls
- Proficiency with at least one scripting/programming language or tool (bash, python, ansible etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and demonstrations
- Ability to be productive in a globally-distributed team
- Ability to travel up to 50%
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Receive a competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options.
Experience required: Mid-Senior Level
Click Here to Apply