At Easterseals Southern California, the LVN role is more than just a job, it's an opportunity to be part of a rewarding mission. In addition to working with no more than 4 patients, our LVN's gain life experience that goes far beyond just working. Easterseals offers a great opportunity for LVN's at any level,and no experience is necessary-.WE HIRE NEW GRADS!
Our LVN role is Ideal for either a new LVN at the beginning of their career, or an experienced professional looking for work in a low-key environment. We are looking for highly motivated and mission minded team players.
This role is perfect for the nurse who is looking to:
- Work with a limited number of clients, to ensure a high quality of service is provided
- Practice your craft in a low stress and rewarding environment
- Prefers schedule flexibility, as we have a 24 hour facility that allows for flexible options
- Find opportunities for growth. Our LVN's have promoted to Administrator, and RN roles (We also offer Education assistance)
- Be a compassionate person looking to serve others.
A career at Easterseals is more than just a job. It's a chance to be a part of a mission that is larger than yourself. You are a major part of providing meaningful service to individuals who are in great need of your skill. Here are some of the great benefits of working at Easterseals
- Flexible Hours
- Competitive Benefits
- Additional 15% in pay during Covid-19 pandemic
- Low stress environment
Our high retention rate among the LVN's on our team is proof that team members really enjoy the working environment at Easterseals, and find the work to be low in stress, and highly rewarding!
The responsibilities for LVN's at Easterseals include:
- Delivering nursing care to residents within the scope of the residential program. Examining and evaluating residents who are ill, injured, or whose medical equipment is malfunctioning. Reporting findings and safety concerns and making recommendations to the Residential Administrator and Registered Nurse.
- Assisting in the administration and monitoring of medications, which may include suppositories.
- Providing personal care for residents which may include assistance with eating, personal hygiene, showering, restroom assistance, and preparing for bedtime. Assisting with and/or preparing meals in compliance with dietary restrictions; assisting individuals to eat, including those who may require assistance with G-tube feeding.
- Assisting with care and sanitizing of residential home, which includes laundering and ironing of residents’ clothing.
Qualifications for LVN's at Easterseals include:
- Must possess a valid Licensed Vocational Nurse Certification/Degree
- Must have and maintain a valid CPR, CPI, and First Aid Certification.
- DSP I and II certifications required upon hire –or- within one year of beginning employment, depending upon contractual requirements of the residential home.
- Ability to read, interpret and implement policies, procedures and regulations.Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communications with all levels of associates and the general public.
- Ability to provide assistance with personal care to residents and to transfer an individual who has no weight bearing skills. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively. Ability to walk, stand, stoop, and kneel for extended periods of time. Ability to push/pull wheelchairs on a variety of terrain.
- Ability to pass a post-offer physical examination and a TB test.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a criminal record/fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation per Easterseals Southern California and/or program requirements.
Join our team!!!!!!!!!! We look forward to speaking with you!!!!!!
COVID-19 considerations: We are paying an additional 15% to our team working through this crisis.
Experience required: Not Applicable
Click Here to Apply
Easterseals Southern California