The Construction Project Manager (CPM) will work with Landlords, Contractors, Architects, Building Code Officials, and internal DKS department staffs in managing specific assigned new and remodel store projects valued between $2M and $13M. The CPM will be responsible to ensure that all of DKS design and planning criteria is executed and managed to provide the store Operations Group with a complete building to fixture, merchandise, and open. The CPM will be responsible for project cost control, change implementation and capital budget management. The CPM is DKS construction representative.
- Maintain accurate and regular communication and base of knowledge of all project activities on all assigned construction projects with Landlords and Contractors. Communicate pending and current change plans to the field.
- Review project schedule and insure all projects have accurate and updated schedules that reflect the required delivery completion date.
- Review weekly progress photos and compare to the schedule to validate work in progress.
- Maintain and review weekly contractor / developer Construction progress status reports to ensure compliance with the schedule and progress photos.
- Make regular job site visits to achieve quality assurance, design compliance and schedule compliance confirmation.
- Review all proposed costs related to any proposed changes which are project specific and validate the accuracy of the cost of the change and account for it against the budget by processing through the Construction Coordinator and the Senior Construction Project Manager to achieve and maintain accurate cost accounting records and capital forecasts.
- Conduct regular project issue reviews to ensure that project schedule is maintained. Work with Landlords, Contractors and National Account venders to achieve compliance.
- Develop strong relationships and build a strong working relationship with each project team to ensure that the requirements of DKS for completion and turnover are achieved.
- Provide weekly status reports and progress data to the SCPM to provide for internal project status review on all assigned active construction projects.
- Know all project critical elements/milestones, review such for compliance and identify problem conditions and resolve. As required, conduct meetings to reach resolution with all required internal company department and external project team. Strive to maintain project delivery date and budget compliance. The CPM will be the primary company resource for determining the cost and schedule impact a proposed change will have on a project and advise which changes can be made and when.
- Conduct walk-throughs to produce a detailed “punch list” for all assigned projects. Through regular follow up ensure that all reported listed items are completed prior to the soft open date.
- Ensure that the project close out is completed and that the building responsibility transition to the assigned Facilities Manager takes place timely and accurately.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have a proven record of achievement and advancement.
- Excellent planning, scheduling and follow-up skills with a high-level knowledge of construction building practices and processes.
- Ability to travel 60% - 80% on a regular weekly basis with overnight stays required.
- Knowledge in use of Construction Documents and specifications.
- Strong detail orientation with ability to multi-task within a fast pace environment.
- Execution skills.
- Project management knowledge.
- Ability to drive projects & manage project teams.
- Strong interpersonal & client consultation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong detail orientation.
- Supervisory & leadership capabilities.
- Problem solving & troubleshooting capabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management – Business is preferred.
- 5 - 7 years of experience working within a construction department / organization as a Project Manager managing multiple commercial grade construction projects is preferred.
- Secondary experience working with a development company and / or construction company.
- Previous Cstruction Management experience with a retail chain or multi-unit operator is preferred.
Location: Coraopolis, PA, US
Posted Date: 10/14/2020
Dick's Sporting Goods