Are you looking for the opportunity to be a key player within a dynamic team of restoration construction professionals? Look no further!
We are seeking a Project Engineer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting the project manager and project team with project documentation and control, job cost accounting, scheduling, and construction supervision efforts. In order to be successful, this candidate should feel comfortable taking on many tasks that require various skills, and appropriately prioritizing those tasks' completion.
- Assist with on-site management to ensure project success
- Ensure project plan is moving forward to meet anticipated deadlines
- Responsible for RFI and submittal process
- Processes owner billings and project related accounting issues
- Apply for permits and prepare code letters, along with developing the finish schedule and allowances
- 1 - 3 years' of experience as a project coordinator or project engineer
- Strong math skills including basic arithmetic, algebra and geometry
- Knowledge of MS Office products with a focus on MS Word and Excel
- Knowledge of building codes
- Ability to navigate plans and specifications
- Willingness and ability to work in less than perfect environments (mold, smoke and weather damage conditions)
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Be self-motivated and proactive
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be proficient in Xactimate or have the ability to quickly learn software
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Prior construction experience preferred
- Prior experience dealing with insurance companies and insurance and/or adjusters preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must pass pre-employment requirements including a drug test and background check.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Check out the animated video link below to learn more about what we do.
Thanks for your interest in C & Z Construction and the Project Engineer position!
Experience required: Not Applicable
Click Here to Apply
C & Z Construction