This position is accountable for the direct care to the patient pre-operatively. Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Assures the needs of patients and families are recognized and addressed through coordination with other team members within the health care system and community.
- Completes all necessary documentation.
- Coordinates nursing care requirements with the OR and anesthesia departments to ensure the continuity of patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served. Able to interpret data about the patients status in order to identify each patients age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
- Follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Keeps current with developments related to Pre-op nursing care; maintains and upgrades knowledge and skills.
- Maintains accurate and continued nursing documentation including patient histories, conditions, treatments, responses and assessment of changes.
- Maintains an awareness of OR schedule in order to ensure patient flow.
- Maintains current knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and his/her clinical condition.
- Prepares patient physically, mentally and emotionally for surgical procedure.
- Prepares, hangs, monitors and discontinues IV fluids.
- Reports changes in patient arrival time to surgeon.
- Other duties as assigned
Must have an Active RN License to practice in CA
Must have at least 2 years experience as a Registered Nurse
At least 2 years experience as Pre-Op Nurse required
Must have EPIC (EMR) experience
Must have active BLS, ACLS
Weekly direct deposit
401k (after 6 months)
License Reimbursements (for renewal)
Job Type: Contract
Experience required: Entry Level
Click Here to Apply