Tax Associate, Sales & Use Taxes (Tampa, Florida): Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual state and local sales and use tax returns, analyzes taxability of A/P purchases and records corresponding use tax self-assessments, maintains tax records, monitors internal sales tax emails and resolves business partner inquiries, validates exemption certificates presented by customers and updates the ECM application. Business license and escheatment preparation and filings. Assists with internal and external audits and supports tax department initiatives. Participates in other tax department projects and initiatives, such as credit studies and impact of new laws.
Qualifications: Requires a high school diploma and multiple years of sales & use tax return preparation/filing and clerical accounting. Knowledge of state and local sales and use tax concepts, practices and procedures for multiple entities in multiple jurisdictions. The candidate should have knowledge of routine accounting practices/methods and be proficient with Microsoft Office applications. Vertex experience is a plus, must be able to work in a team environment, have excellent interpersonal skills and communications skills (oral and written).
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knowledge of state and local sales and use tax concepts, practices and procedures for multiple entities in multiple jurisdictions.
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Prepares, reviews and files various reports for state and local reporting.
- Business License applications and renewals.
- Escheatment preparation and filing.
- Maintains current knowledge of tax laws, updates, and revisions and informs management of issues affecting business.
- Investigates and reconciles discrepancies in tax liability accounts.
- Monitors and resolves internal sales tax email inquiries.
- Validates exemption/resale certificates and updates ECM application.
- Ability to support/manage tax authority inquiries in a well-documented and collaborative manner.
- Assists with tax audits, tax authority inquiries and responses.
Performs other related duties as assigned
How To Apply
Rooms To Go