This position is responsible for providing coordination and support to the Customs team. The Imports Associate is responsible for receiving, reviewing and documenting all incoming vendor documentation for accuracy. This associate will also be responsible for resolving any identified discrepancies to ensure accurate records are made available to all internal stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare import documentation for data entry.
- Performs data entry of key milestones in shipment status.
- Ensure import documentation is accurately processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure ocean freight payments are accurately processed in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative coordination, communication, and document control for assigned project(s).
- Ability to track and update Ocean Vessel status.
- Correspond with internal and external clients / customers / vendors via email.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Knowledge of importing is favorable but not required.
- Knowledge of Infor Nexus platform is favorable but not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 + years in related work experience.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively present and communicate with all levels within the organization, with agencies and vendors.
- Flexible, highly organized and process oriented.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities, meet demanding deadlines and adjust to sudden changes in workflow.
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a high level of efficiency and accuracy is essential.
- Skilled in managing priorities.
- Detail oriented for processing invoices and data entry.
- Ability to act independently and take initiative to solve problems.
- Ability to work extended hours may be required to meet deadlines.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods in one location which may be restricted to the employee's workstation.
How To Apply
Rooms To Go