Current # Open: 3
Employee Type: Hourly
Safely maintain, install, troubleshoot and repair electrical power and control systems and equipment throughout a large surface mining and milling operation.
- Safely maintain and repair power distribution circuits, switchgear, motors and motor control systems with voltages up to 13.8KV.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair hard-wired control logic and PLC control systems.
- Operate equipment including boom trucks, fork trucks and other equipment associated with electrical maintenance and repair.
- Diagnose electrical power, motor and control problems and failures utilizing a variety of electrical test equipment.
- Install and repair conduit, cable and wiring systems up to 13,800 volts.
- High proficiency in reading and understanding electrical schematic, one-line, logic and interconnection diagrams and drawings.
- Thorough knowledge in the safe operation and safe maintenance work practices of electrical systems and equipment with voltages up to 13,800 volts.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory with experience in both AC and DC systems and control circuitry.
- Proficiency in the safe use of electrical test meters, instruments, computers and recorders.
- Knowledge and experience in medium voltage (4KV) and low voltage (480V) AC motors and control; AC variable frequency drives; and DC motors and control. Significant PLC control experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge and experience in medium and low voltage power distribution systems and equipment including transformers, circuit breakers and protective relaying and fusing. Experience above 13KV is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of process instrumentation used for level, pressure, flow and position control.
- Must be able to perform preventive maintenance and repairs procedures on all types of electrical and electronic systems, both indoors and outdoors.
- Ability to work from ladders and bucket trucks at height.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts, rotating days off and overtime as required.
- Outdoor maintenance duties are required and are subject to prevailing inclement weather conditions.
- Must provide own tools of the trade.
- Must have or be able to attain a valid Driver's License
- Basic ability to speak, read and write English.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Preferred candidate will have a Certificate of Completion of an IBEW Apprenticeship program or equivalent formal training.
- Minimum of 5 years electrical maintenance experience within the mining/milling industry or heavy industry; exposure to mining electric shovel equipment is a plus.
- Preferred candidate will have experience constructing and repairing overhead power lines.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low cost benefits package for medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company match.
Location: Sahuarita, Arizona, US
Posted Date: 7/17/2020