Current # Open: 3
Employee Type: Hourly
To maintain a safe workplace by supporting and enforcing company's safety rules, safe work practices, inspect, clean, repair, install wiring and maintain electrical equipment, service lines, substations, and other electrical equipment.
- Uses blueprints and wiring diagrams in installing and maintaining electrical equipment.
- Dismantles, cleans, replaces worn or broken parts, rebuilds and tests electronic controls, motors, generators, transmission lines, control panels, rectifiers, etc., using hand, power and test tools.
- Inspects and adjusts electrical equipment on a pre-arranged schedule to assure proper operating condition.
- Test, splice and vulcanize cables, using vulcanizer, blowtorch and fire pot.
- Diagnoses cause of faulty operation and makes necessary repairs to keep equipment downtime to a minimum.
- Performs work on power lines and poles as required.
- Installs conduit, fittings, switches, controls and fixtures for new installations or replacements.
- Performs simple rigging as required.
- Writes daily report in logbook of works performed and condition of equipment.
- Keeps equipment and working area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Obeys all safety rules performing all work in a safe and workman like manner.
- The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal function of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
MATERIALS USED: Cable, electric wire, conduit, insulators, substation equipment, electric motors, equipment repair parts, and other related materials.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Applicant must have good communications skills (oral and written).
- Must be able to manage time effectively and set priorities.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- The worker is required to wear a Respirator.
- Ability to attend work regularly and work rotating shifts and rotating days off.
- The physical requirements of the position are considered Heavy Work: Exerting up to 80 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to perceive the nature of sounds with no less than a 40db loss @ 500 Hz, 1,000 Hz, and 2,000 Hz, and 3,000 Hz with or without correction.
- Ability to communicate by means of hand signals.
- The ability to work in conditions of extreme heat, extreme cold, vibration, chemicals (airborne and/or skin exposure, high noise levels, confined spaces, heights.
- Ability to ascend or descend ladders, scaffolding, stairs, ramps, and the like with agility.
- Ability to kneel or work in cramped positions.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 4 years in electrical maintenance in heavy industry, exposure to large mining equipment is a plus.
- Must have own tools.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low cost benefits package for medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company match.
Location: Kearny, Arizona, US
Posted Date: 7/17/2020