Current # Open: 3
Employee Type: Hourly
A typical job description for an industrial maintenance mechanic (millwright) often includes the primary purposes of installing, maintaining, upgrading and fabricating machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings in industrial establishment.
Typical duties include:
- Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures. Dismantle machinery or equipment, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
- Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails, using hand tools and power tools.
- Constructs foundation for machines, using hand tools and building materials, such as wood cement, and steel.
- Aligns machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, lasers, and plumb bobs.
- Assembles machinery and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- May operate engine lathe or milling machine to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
- Required repair and lubricate machinery and equipment.
- Selects cables, ropes, chains, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Attaches load with grappling devices, such as loops, wires, ropes, and chains, to crane hook.
- Sets up, braces, and rigs hoisting equipment, using hand tools and power wrenches.
- May direct workers engaged in hoisting of machinery and equipment.
- In addition may perform all duties of General Laborer, Skilled Laborer and Carpenter and possibly electrician.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Follow instructions and read blueprints.
- Look at flat drawings or pictures and visualize how they would look as solid objects.
- Work at heights without fear.
- Use logical step-by-step procedures in work.
- Plan work and solve problems.
- Make decisions based on measurable information.
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often; and operate machinery.
- Coordinate eye-hand movements;
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate, and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl;
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction);
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the safest, inclusive, socially and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that they work within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low-cost benefits package for medical, prescription, dental, vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage and 401(k) plan with company match.
Location: Kearny, Arizona, US
Posted Date: 6/17/2020