- Reports to work on time, alert and appropriately dressed during the entire tour of duty.
- Will conduct herself/himself in a professionally acceptable manner with all Residents, employees and visitors.
- Will wear pin during entire tour of duty.
- Receives report from previous shift, making sure that he/she has received all pertinent information on each resident.
- Assigns duties to professional and other nursing personnel based on Residents' needs, available staff and unit needs.
- Organizes assignment for most efficient use of time.
- Sets priorities in meeting the needs of residents.
- Continuously evaluates behavior symptoms reactions and progress of residents and discusses pertinent information with nursing supervisor.
- In the absence of medication/treatment nurse: Administers all medications according to established policies and procedures and physician's orders. Performs all treatments according to physician's specific order and established policies and procedures.
- Supervises and evaluates work performance in terms of Resident care, staff relations, development of subordinates and efficiency of patient care through observation and sufficient periodic review to assure work assignments are completed.
- Cooperates with other members of the medical team and other disciplines in coordinating resident's total plan of care. Communicates with Nursing Rehabilitation Supervisor and implements recommendations.
- Identifies, studies, and documents problems and promotes the efficient delivery of resident care and assists personnel in developing and managing to resolution.
- Ensures that all unit records are maintained by accurate and specific documentation.
- Maintains , audits and is also accountable for the staff's recording reporting and interpreting of Resident's behavior, repose and progress as required by the Code/Rules and regulations of New York State and Ferncliff Nursing Home.
- Participates in Resident Care Conference and makes appropriate recommendations and/or referrals to meet Resident's needs. Will communicate to other members of the staff a team approach to nursing care and an understanding of Resident's needs.
- Schedules appointments for Residents with a physician for emergency, monthly and yearly examinations. Accompanies physician on rounds to answer questions , receive instructions note resident's care requirements and explain ordered procedures and treatments to residents.
- Complies daily reports care and will assist and supervise the feeding of Residents in the unit dining room tray service. Will ensure that a licensed nurse is assigned to the dining room for each meal.
Associates Degree. 1 year prior experience preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experience required: Mid-Senior Level
Click Here to Apply