Provides strategic and operational support to the ITI (Information Technology Infrastructure) Enterprise Desktop Support team. The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for providing software and hardware technical support to the end-user community. Responsibilities include involvement in client installations, day to day asset management, vendor warranty repairs, and participation in projects to meet local and company-wide initiatives. Additionally, this position will support a customer care philosophy that ensures customer satisfaction and follow up with colleagues and end users, to ensure timely resolution of issues. The ability to assist with projects between internal departments is required. Strong relationships with IT departments and key customers are crucial to success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide customer support, which includes incident, problem, and service request resolution for customers.
* Respond to the organization's changing business requirements reducing incidents and disruption while maximizing value and decreasing re-work.
* Collaborate with stakeholders in supported organizations to ensure a strong alignment between service targets and meeting customer objectives.
* Inspire L1's to achieve the highest possible levels of customer satisfaction, duties include championing operational excellence initiatives involving the continued maturing of ITIL-based processes.
* Support service improvement initiatives, support change and engage stakeholders including internal customers, peers, staff, and outside suppliers to achieve improvements in performance.
* Develop technical documentation to add to the department knowledgebase to ensure appropriate knowledge transfer and knowledge sharing.
* Managing and monitoring of service levels with internal customers and vendors.
* Provide support to Facilities, IT and Security Operations as part of CATS' DCFM portfolio management.
* Validation of compliance to policies, standards, process, procedures, controls and oversee enforcement efforts to ensure services are being provided with a high level of quality.
* Works efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to produce high quality material with meticulous attention to detail.
* Assist subject matter expert (SME) for service ticket escalations and engagement of resolver groups.
* Maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems and peripherals.
* Represent the interests of our customers by providing support and appropriate escalation to Desktop Support Site Leads and other IT functions when issues cannot be resolved.
* Participate on projects that require CATS involvement.
* Mentoring and guidance for Level 1 CATS associates.
* Identify inefficiencies and initiate process improvement to remediate.
* Document changes of IT assets such as status and ownership.
- Customer Support
- Project participation
- Ticket Documentation
- Asset management
- Process Improvement
- Business staff
- IT staff
- Project Quality Office
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Exceeds expectations of 80% on customer survey scores
- Add or Edit 6 knowledge base articles per year
- Published Process Documentation
- Positive project results
- Supports users in several different RTG locations.
- Participates in and supports cross technology process improvement initiatives.
- Presents options along with recommendation to CATS Site Leads and Supervisors.
VALUE-BASED BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrates commitment to RTG and its customers.
- Takes personal responsibility for words and actions.
- Maintains consistency between words and actions.
- Acts in compliance with department, company, and industry standards.
- Holds self and others accountable.
- Demonstrates drive to excel.
- Exhibits mature self-confidence.
- Achieve Results
- Demonstrates flexibility and change.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking.
- Exhibits customer service orientation.
- Exhibits teamwork and collaboration.
- Understands and influences others.
- Communicates effectively.
A combination of the experience, education, and training listed below which provides an equivalent background to perform the work of this position.
· Three or more years of relevant professional work experience in supporting an enterprise desktop environment.
· Candidates need to have verifiable expertise with:
o Current Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
o Presentation of technical information
o Participation in projects
o Excellent written and verbal communication
o Mentoring others
· Candidates should have advance knowledge of:
o ITIL Fundamentals
o Working with service levels
o ITSM tools
· Candidates should be familiar with:
o Working as a member of a large enterprise IT team
o Desktop Systems Management tools such as SCCM
o Supporting retail and warehouse environment
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
· Required: ITIL v3 Foundations
· Required: Formal training in IT Facilities Management
· Required: A + Certification
· Required: Network + Certification
· Desired: Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or an equivalent combination of education and 2 years minimum in IT management
· Desired: Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
· Desired: Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
· Desired: Formal training in IT Asset Management
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
* Occasional after-hours or weekend work may be required.
* Employee will be responsible for critical infrastructure and will be required to be accessible via cell phone outside of normal business hours.
* The physical demands and characteristics of the work environment described here are representative of those occurring in the performance of the essential functions of this job.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* This position works in an office, and the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, i.e. copier toner.
* This position description generally describes the principle functions of the position and the level of knowledge and skills typically required. It does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and it is subject to change as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change.
How To Apply
Rooms To Go