- Minimum (15) years of work experience in a professional construction management/ general contracting environment. Experience as Lead Superintendent on 150+ unit multi-family construction from inception to delivery is required.
- Experience with all aspects of Construction Plan interpretation (including site, foundation, structural, interior, façade and MEP’s)
- Experience managing non-union trades and specialty trades with onsite personnel over 100 people. Supervise work performance and productivity of VBC employees and subcontractors to ensure quality control, procedures, specifications and safety requirements are followed. Provide leadership and direction to field crew
- Conducts daily meeting with crew to review production goals, performance advice, safety, quality and schedule; and feedback from crew.
- Pre-Plan of work activities to meet contract, schedule and quality requirements including safety.
- Trains and motivates crews
- Experience communicating, directing and meeting regularly (daily and weekly) with subcontractors to assess project progress, schedule, changes, and deliveries. Pre-Plan of work activities to meet contract, schedule and quality requirements. Performs a variety of administrative task such as daily construction logs, weekly schedule updates, production reports, timesheets and equipment inspections
- Experience in identifying design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project-specific issues in a pro-active manner. Review all contracts, project documentation and plans to ensure the work in the field is built to specifications. Ability to review and use potential changes in scope or conditions.
- Experience enforcing safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds OSHA safety standards. Promote and support a positive Incident and Injury Free Safety Performance
- Maintaining appropriate documentation throughout the project including Change Order logs, RFI Logs, and Submittal Logs.
- Experience formulating and managing a micro-schedules (2-Week Look-a-Head). Assist in planning work schedule determining man power levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, etc. at least two (2) weeks in advance
- Experience formulating and managing Pull Plans
- Experience managing multiple delivery methods GC, CM, Design-Build
- Have proven experience building mid-rise construction projects in an urban environment
- Communicating effectively with owners, construction managers, other superintendents, and project managers to ensure appropriate progress given schedule milestones and deadlines
- Advise architects and owners on areas of improvement related to drawing specs
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook a must
- Proficient with software to view, create, manipulate PDFs, a must
- Experience with industry specific software and technology (e.g., BIM, Microsoft Project, Blue Beam), a plus
- Proficient in reading and interpreting documents such as construction plans, safety rules, procedure manuals, schedules, RFIs, etc.
- Ability to work independently and make significant, effective decisions
- Complete fluency in assigned project Architectural, Structural, and MEP plans
- Proactively maintain safe, presentable and orderly general site conditions
- Responsible for job performance as it relates to company goals, safety audits, company policies and procedures including training, orientation and discipline
- Enforce and adhere to the Company’s policies and procedures
- OSHA 30 required
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
VBC offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including health/ dental / vision, 401(k), paid time off and paid holidays. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All candidates must submit salary requirements with application for consideration.
VBC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at VBC via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of VBC. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by VBC as a result of the referral or through other means.
Experience required: Mid-Senior Level
Click Here to Apply