Provides strategic and operational support to the ITI (Information Technology Infrastructure) Enterprise Desktop Support (Customer Advocacy and Technical Support team CATS). The CATS Technician is responsible for providing software and hardware technical support to the end-user community. Responsibilities include involvement in client installations, day to day asset management, vendor warranty repairs, MDF/IDF (Main Distribution Frame/Intermediate Distribution Frame), and participation in projects to meet local and company-wide initiatives. Additionally, this position will support a customer care philosophy that ensures customer satisfaction and follow up with colleagues and end users, to ensure timely resolution of issues. The ability to assist with projects between internal departments is required. Strong relationships with IT departments and key customers are crucial to success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide support including resolution of incidents, problems and mitigation actions within the defined CATS support processes.
* Provide support for request provisioning including MACD (Moves, Adds, Changes, and Deletes) within the defined CATS processes.
* Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues with IT Infrastructure and software.
* Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues following standard operating procedures documented within the knowledgebase.
* Represent the interests of our customers by providing support and appropriate escalation of unresolved problems to CATS L2, Site Lead and other IT functions when issues cannot be resolved.
* Work with vendors and internal support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop equipment and software.
* Act as the first point of contact for real-time call handoff from Service Desk to CATS support team for escalation and real time resolution.
* Monitor service levels with internal customers and vendors.
* Participate in projects that require CATS involvement by delivering based on assigned tasks as documented in the project plans, within the committed resourced hours and escalate any changes to CATS resource manager.
* Document changes of IT assets such as status and ownership to maintain accuracy with asset management.
* Communicate effectively with end users by setting the right expectation and prioritizing efficiently for better resourcing.
- Incident Management -- Effective incident handling throughout the lifecycle and within defined MTTR (Mean Times to Resolve)
- Request Management -- Effective request handling throughout the lifecycle and within defined MTTP (Mean Times to Provision)
- Knowledgebase documentation - Create, edit and publish knowledgebase articles
- Develop technical documentation to add to the department knowledgebase to ensure appropriate knowledge transfer and knowledge sharing.
- Store Visit / Site Audit -- Complete ticketing system reviews for pending incidents. Complete and provide accurate store assessment checklist as defined by CATS audit process.
- Proactive communication with stores each week for preventive maintenance.
- IT users, staff, and management
- IT business partners and stakeholders
- Project Quality Office
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
Effective KPIs as agreed by management regarding Information Technology Service Organization (ITSO) and other functions.
- Supports users in all RTG locations.
- Participates in and supports cross technology process improvement initiatives.
- Presents options along with recommendation to CATS L2, Site Leads and Supervisors.
VALUE-BASED BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrates commitment to RTG and its customers.
- Takes personal responsibility for words and actions.
- Maintains consistency between words and actions.
- Acts in compliance with department, company, and industry standards.
- Holds self and others accountable.
- Demonstrates drive to excel.
- Exhibits mature self-confidence.
- Achieve Results
- Demonstrates flexibility and change.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking.
- Exhibits customer service orientation.
- Exhibits teamwork and collaboration.
- Understands and influences others.
- Communicates effectively.
A combination of the experience, education, and training listed below which provides an equivalent background to perform the work of this position.
· Three or more years of relevant professional work experience in supporting an enterprise Desktop environment.
· Candidates need to have verifiable expertise with:
o Current Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
o Presentation of technical information
o Excellent written and verbal communication
o Knowledge of Encryption Technology (BitLocker)
o Image and deploy endpoints
· Candidates should have advance knowledge of:
o Working with service levels
o ITSM tools
· Candidates should be familiar with:
o Working as a member of a large enterprise IT team
o Desktop Systems Management tools such as MECM
o Supporting retail and warehouse environment
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
· Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or similar.
· Required: ITIL v3 Foundations Certification (ability to obtain within first year)
· Required: A + Certification
· Required: Formal training in Network Infrastructure (Network + Curriculum)
· Required: Formal Training for Microsoft Desktop Support (MTA Curriculum)
· Required: Associate's Degree in related area plus one year work experience or three years in an enterprise environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
* Occasional after-hours or weekend work will be required.
* This position works in an office, and the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, i.e. copier toner.
* Employee will be responsible for critical infrastructure and will be required to be accessible via cell phone outside of normal business hours.
* The physical demands and characteristics of the work environment described here are representative of those occurring in the performance of the essential functions of this job.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* This position description generally describes the principle functions of the position and the level of knowledge and skills typically required. It does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and it is subject to change as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change
How To Apply
Rooms To Go