The Project/Construction Manager is responsible for providing full project management services and on site construction oversight on construction projects ranging in value from $250k to $20MM, and to support the client representative in delivering successful project outcomes.
- Assisting the client Project Manager (PM) as required – including oversight of the overall construction effort
- Contract and Budget ownership for direct contracts as assigned
- Creating and coordinating the construction management related PEP detailed plans, and coordinating completion of GC PEP activities
- Proactively managing the risks relating to construction project execution and HES, working with the client PM – coordinating GC actions on risk as necessary
- Support the design process, review drawings against project requirements, assess constructability and provide other construction input during early project phases as needed
- Assist client PM as required in reviewing and reporting on the overall construction effort and progress. Creating and coordinating, with the Construction Field Representative, the Monthly, Daily and Event Reporting for the construction team.
- Coordinating and supporting the RFI and Submittal process, in concert with the cost controller for alignment with cost budgets
- Creating, coordinating and issuing effective meeting minutes and other documentation for site progress meetings, Owner/Architect/Contractor meetings and other meetings as required
- Assisting the client PM in overall coordination of the construction effort in support of the effective safety, Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA/QC), and labor relations programs which meet IIF and OE objectives
- Help to establish the success criteria of the project, including time, cost, technical, and quality performance parameters. Key focus is on the tactical, technical and process delivery of the project
- Identify and support that the appropriate line manager is aware of quality, safety, health and environment issues
- In concert with client, support development of contractor and overall purchasing strategy. Responsible for execution of defined strategy.
- Act as project schedule owner (or in support of project scheduler, if relevant), and maintain schedule at the level required to track critical actions and milestones.
- Conduct kick off and regular meetings with key project stakeholders (architects, engineers, suppliers, contractors), to track and report on progress
- Working with the other project function teams, review as-built documents and other closeout items
- 7-10 years of experience
- Commercial project experience, ideally with data centers/mission critical projects
- Consultant experience preferred
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email recruitmentUSA@turntown.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or recruitmentUSA@turntown.com. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Experience required: Not Applicable
Click Here to Apply
Turner & Townsend