Middle River Aerostructure Systems is a world-leading manufacturer of thrust reverses (the braking system on a jet engine), engine nacelle components and specialized aerostructures. It supplies and supports these products for engine makers, airplane manufacturers and aircraft operators. Located on Marylands Chesapeake Bay near Baltimore, MRAS has a 1.7-million sq. ft. facility situated on 180 acres where the company and its predecessors have designed, built and equipped civil and military aircraft for nearly 90 years. In 2019, MRAS was acquired by VT Systems, the U.S. affiliate of Singapore-based ST Engineering becoming a part of its global network of aerospace facilities and offices. With the ownership change, the company was renamed Middle River Aerostructure Systems.
Engineering Project Manager (EPM) for Middle River Aerostructures Systems Sustaining Programs (CF6, PW4168, CF34-10E, 747-8). Drives initiatives to improve the effectiveness of the Engineering function and interfaces with other functions to provide effective coordination of metrics, dashboards, functional processes, and cross-functional initiative coordination.
Essential Responsibilities : As Engineering Program Manager, you will:
• Responsible for developing and managing cross functional, technology led, or product focused programs.
• Manages budgets and interfaces with; partners, contractors, suppliers, customers and internal functions.
• Manages program resource and budget allocation/integration.
• Manages schedule budget, and tollgate process.
• Engineering lead and focal for MRAS Sustaining Programs (CF6, PW4168, CF34-10E, 747-8).
• Responsible for the planning and execution of all Engineering deliverables to support; qualification, certification, and production of Nacelle hardware to agreed; technical specifications, schedule, and budget.
• Develops, maintains, and communicates; priorities and executable plans for a diverse domestic and global team to support internal business and Customer requirements.
• Supports monthly Engineering Operations reviews with; variance assessments, corrective action, updated Forecast (budget and resource), key risks/abatements, and help needed.
• Manage an integrated master schedule (IMS) with inputs from the team and provide assessment of multiple critical path(s).
• Develop action plans with guidance to respond to issues/problems.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
• Minimum of 5 years of related Engineering experience.
Desired Characteristics :
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
• Effective problem identification and solution skills.
• Proven analytical and organizational ability.
• Project Management Institute PMP certification desired.
MRAS is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, US
Posted Date: 1/25/2020
Middle River Aerostructure Systems