Eglin AFB, FL, United States
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do. For EHA Positions:
These positions are being filled under Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions and Health Care Occupations. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office Of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint individuals to select defense acquisition workforce positions, or 'EHA Acquisition,' pursuant to the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) and certain health care occupations, or 'EHA Medical.' Positions are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location. This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection. This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK). See "Additional Information" in this announcement for further information regarding DHA Positions.
Location: Eglin AFB, Florida, United States
Posted Date: 1/22/2020
Specialized Experience: For GS-09:One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-08 level. Reviews project plans and specifications for problems regarding feasibility of construction prior to advertisement., OR a master's or equivalent graduate degree OR 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related, OR a combination of education and experience. For GS-11:One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-09 level. Examples: Ensures contractor compliance with approved plans and specifications for various construction contracts. GS-12:One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level. Example: Develops goals and objectives that integrate organization and construction/project management objectives. AND Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0800/construction-control-technical-series-0809/ KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Practical knowledge of the methods and techniques of engineering principles relating to construction practices and techniques. Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and structural aspects of construction projects.
2. Knowledge of construction inspection practices and procedures involved in the inspection of building materials, workmanship, utilities, and the installation of systems: and the practical methods and techniques of engineering principles relating to complex construction practices and procedures.
3. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and staff of a small to medium sized organization.
4. Knowledge of building codes, safety codes, and environmental rules and regulations.
5. Skill and negotiating change orders with contractors. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.