Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a logistics management specialist in support of acquisition phases of assigned systems, programs, or major equipment.
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do. This is a Direct Hire Public Notice used to fill positions under the AcqDemo Federal Register Notice Implementation: The Department of Defense has implemented improvements to the Acquisition Demonstration Project (AcqDemo) through publishing of Federal Register Notice# 82 FR 52104, issued November 9, 2017. The new regulation is effective immediately and is available at http://acqdemo.hci.mil/library.html. Under this recruitment procedure applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice and selections are made for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application. Positions are located Air Force-Wide and may be filled as permanent, or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
Location: Aviano, Italy
Posted Date: 1/22/2020
Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standards. Minimum eligibility requirements will be those corresponding to the lowest GS grade referenced in the pay band of the position being filled. (i.e., The minimum qualifying experience for an NH-2 position would equate to the qualifying experience for a GS-05 since the pay band includes GS-05-11. The minimum qualifying experience for the NH-3 (includes GS-12-13) is the same as for the GS-12 below. The same would apply to the NH-4 (includes GS-14-15). NH-02 (GS-05 - GS-11): Three years of general experience, one of which was equivalent to at least the next lower band NH-01/GS-04. NH-03 (GS-12 - GS-13): One year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower broad pay band NH-02/GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, which has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Examples of qualifying experience includes work that involved analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness of programs and operations; developing life cycle cost analysis of projects or performing cost benefits or economic evaluations of current or projected; or that involved other work related to management and programs analysis. NH-04 (GS-14 - GS-15): One year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower band NH-03/GS-13 grade level in the Federal service, which has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Examples of qualifying experience includes knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of critical command plans and programs for participating in or conducting major operations such as mission and flight operations, tactical airlift, tactical training, rescue, deployment, mobilization, PPBS, acquisition, special operations, exercise, foreign military sales, contingency , or similar operations. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques for assessing program development or execution and improving
organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
2. Knowledge of management principles and processes.
3. Skill in application of fact finding and investigative techniques.
4. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
5. Ability to develop presentations and reports. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.