Leads assigned location to achieve COMP or New Store Sales through consistent operational excellence, discipline, and a committed team who execute flawlessly. Supports District Manager by communicating company directives to their assigned store utilizing the one vision, one voice, one message strategy. The role of a Store Manager is to fulfill and execute the company mission statement on a daily basis. Is obsessive about our product, people and our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for and expected to meet or exceed assigned sales plans and target metric objectives within assigned store.
• Maintains a commitment to the company’s sales processes, values and business code of ethics.
• Drives sales and monitors each MOD (Manager-on-Duty) segment and ensures patterns of poor performance are addressed.
• Monitors employee/customer interactions and provides constructive feedback on ways employees can improve service and increase sales.
• Responsible for driving customer traffic by participating in approved local events and/or marketing opportunities.
• Ensures consistent execution of company’s marketing and visual presentation.
• Proactively identifies various market opportunities and makes recommendations to District
Manager for localized product, visual and marketing strategies.
• Ensures store’s visual standards are met at all times by ensuring the proper mix and proper
depth in key SKU’s and by identifying store’s needs by using and analyzing vendor sales reports and/or altering sales floor layouts (displays) and making recommendations to District Manager.
• Ability to create excitement and shows passion for the product by communicating relevant information about fitness, fashion and product knowledge to customers.
• Demonstrates the ability to develop a culture of recognition, accountability, discipline and urgency.
• Trains staff on how to drive sales to fullest potential through continued development on product knowledge, customer service standards and visual presentation.
￼• Partners with Human Resources to hire, develop and retain top talent, as well as, address employee relations issues.
• Ability to build and maintain an effective succession plan for store.
• Ensures adequate staffing at all times by appropriately scheduling staff based on business
trends and making any necessary seasonal adjustments, within wage goal/budget. Maintains
proper headcount for volume of store.
• Sets specific performance standards and ensures associates contribute to the company
• Mentors and develops key performers to be ready for career progression.
• Supervises employees by enforcing policies/procedures by documenting disciplinary
actions, performance evaluations, and reporting incidents to Human Resources and Senior Management regarding any violations of company policies/procedures and preparing related documentation.
• Ensures all Human Resources paperwork and training are current and kept in folders for associates per retention guidelines.
• Ability to complete new hire and other human resources paperwork timely and accurately.
• Responsible for managing the overall expense management and profitability of the assigned location including but not limited to Payroll, Expenses, and Supplies.
• Demonstrates the ability to follows The Promise and ensure all company customer service standards are consistently executed.
• Maintains proper inventory controls, facilitate inventory transaction and bulk counts.
• Manages bank deposits; responsible for delivering to the bank, with or without armored car
service, every day at a specified location.
• Ability to complete store audits to ensure compliance with loss prevention policies and
• Ensures price integrity and general pricing of product on the floor is reflective of current
markdowns and markups per company directives.
• Ensures all sales are rung correctly and that all associates are trained on how to ring a
• Ensures inventory is checked in, stocked correctly on shelves and displayed within 24
hours of receipt per operational standards.
• Ensures Elite goals are met for the store.
• Ensures store is well maintained including but not limited to; dusting, mopping, windows
and stockroom per company guidelines on housekeeping.
• Keeps daily record of store sales, scheduling, damages, mismates, deposit log, employee
discounts, new hire paperwork, pay outs and visitor log.
• Delivers consistent quality feedback from company generated secret shop programs as well
as customer feedback.
• Effectively implement the area of responsibility (AOR) program to improve ownership,
development, execution and accountability of the management team.
• Completes the daily planner and ensures chat-ins and chat-outs during every shift.
• All employees are required to use ladders as an essential function of this job, as that is part
of the daily duties to maintain the store’s daily operations and in order to service ￼customers. Therefore, dress code and safety policies must be followed. This is also outlined under the PHYSICAL DEMANDS section of the job description
• Demonstrates the Skechers Key Behaviors for each Core Competency.
• Is a role model by presenting a professional image in appearance, words and action.
• Demonstrates excellent personal salesmanship and teaches employees selling skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experience required: Mid-Senior Level
Click Here to Apply