The role of a Product Specialist is to assist the management team in fulfilling and executing the company mission statement during every work shift. Responsible for meeting and exceeding retail productivity measurements including total sales goals, units per transaction (UPT), total units sold, and average dollar (ADS) through creating an exceptional and exciting customer experience. Product Specialists are responsible for engaging with customers and applying the knowledge learned from company-driven training programs as it relates to product knowledge and the SKECHERS Promise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Expected to meet or exceed assigned personal sales goals and personal metric objectives.
• Maintains a commitment to the company’s sales processes, values and business code of ethics.
• Ability to develop long-term client relationships and/or managing a client base.
• Ability to analyze options for customers, makes decisions and takes action with an out of the box approach in order to improve business results.
• Properly and accurately receives merchandise, totals bills, accepts payment, and makes change for customers in our retail stores (if trained to do so).
• Assists customers with transactions on register. Properly total sales and determine bill (if trained to do so).
• Wraps or bags merchandise for customers. Personally walks each bag around the counter to the customer.
• Graciously accept returns while turning returns into exchanges. Partners with management if customer requires return/exchange transactions.
• Demonstrates good salesmanship.
• Assists in proper product placement and consistent execution of company’s marketing and visual presentation standards and directives.
• Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
• Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise.
• Stocks shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise. Sets up displays according to company directives.
• Ability to professionally communicate and engages customers by answering questions and sharing product features and benefits.
• Ability to create excitement and shows passion for the product by communicating relevant information about fitness and fashion to customers.
• Demonstrates teamwork by working cooperatively with others towards common group objectives, demonstrates respect for the ideas and contributions of other team members, cultivates positive relationships with other associates, and provides assistance and support to others.
• Represents the company in a positive manner both with internal and external customers.
• Completes all inventory processes promptly and accurately in order to limit losses and shrink.
• Completes verification of store funds when asked to do so.
• Demonstrates the ability to consistently follow The Promise and all company customer service standards.
• Ability to accurately measure customer's feet to ensure proper sizing.
• Complies with policies and procedures at all times.
• Completes quality store recovery in order to prepare for the next day’s business.
• Willing and able to clean shelves, counters, tables and overall store.
• Completes daily housekeeping and cleaning to ensure store is always visually appealing to customers.
• All employees are required to use ladders as an essential function of this job, as that is part of the daily duties to maintain the store’s daily operations and in order to service customers. Therefore, dress code and safety policies must be followed. This is also outlined under the PHYSICAL DEMANDS section of the job description.
Not all Product Specialists will have cashier responsibilities, except if you are trained to accept payment and make change for customers in our retail stores.
To be determined by your Management at any given time.
Salary range: 9 - 10 USD
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to execute excellence to company standards at all times.
• Must possess good written and verbal communication.
• Must produce work that is accurate, thorough and meets requirements on consistent basis.
• It is a condition of employment, and responsibilities require, that you are flexible with regard to hours and days worked, including when we may need to increase or decrease your hours based on the needs of our business.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
• A minimum of one year cumulative retail/customer service experience required
• High School Diploma, or equivalent
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedures, and operating and maintenance instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Good cash handling skills required if trained to process customer transactions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to remain in a stationary position, walk, reach with hands and arms, push, pull, grasp (simple/power), twist (neck/waist), stoop, bend, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee constantly positions him/herself, including under counters, fixtures or in storage areas to operate a variety of office machines, such as a cash register, computer, fax machine, calculator, computer printer, etc.; stock merchandise on shelves, counters and tables, handle inventory, clean the store, etc. The employee is required to consistently move about inside the store to greet and sell to clients, stock or arrange merchandise, inventory; clean the store, etc. The person in this position frequently communicates with customers, both in person and over the telephone, to meet, greet, service and to sell products; communicates with Store Manager for direction, etc.; be able to document incidents in the absence of managers; must be able to accurately exchange information in these situations. The employee frequently ascends/descends a mobile ladder or step stool to access shelves, stock shelves, arrange merchandise, clean the store, etc. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, carrying at a specified distance dependent on work area, or use the Buddy System, e.g., soliciting assistance from a co- worker.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to sucessfully perform the essential functions of this job
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to very loud music. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experience required: Associate
Click Here to Apply